Spare tire specs

Anyone mind looking underneath their 2019 and giving me the specs on the spare?

ive got an AT4 coming with the duratracs. Likely going to replace them with a bigger tire and wondering if I can make one of the duratracs my spare. So most interested in the rim size on the spare. Thanks in advance 

51 minutes ago, ShortMag said:

Anyone mind looking underneath their 2019 and giving me the specs on the spare?

ive got an AT4 coming with the duratracs. Likely going to replace them with a bigger tire and wondering if I can make one of the duratracs my spare. So most interested in the rim size on the spare. Thanks in advance 

Call Tire Rack, they could tell you for sure.  GM typically makes the spare be a smaller-sized wheel.  Like my Z71 has 18x8 aluminum wheels but the spare is mounted on a 17x7.5 steel wheel.  I doubt if your full-sized Duratrac 'road tire' would fit up into the cradle space occupied by the factory spare.  

If your truck has 20 or 22 inch wheels, the spare is a 17x8" steel wheel, tire is a 255/80R17, 115S load/speed index.  255/80R17 is a 33" tire, which is the same diameter as the 275/60R20 and 275/50R22 on the factory wheels. 

If your truck has 18"wheels, and LT275/65R18C Duratracs, the spare is a non matching 265/70R17, 115S load/speed index, on the same 17X8" steel wheel.  This tire is a higher load rating than the C load Duratracs that they use (110S), and a smaller diameter (31.7") than the Duratrac (32.1").

All the spares for 1500 trucks use a 17X8" wheel.  Some steel, some aluminum. 

What size tires where you trying to upgrade to?  The biggest spare that should fit underneath is a 33" seeing GM uses one now. 

Edited by newdude