Exhaust "Ping"

Hey guys, just installed long tubes over the weekend. New setup consists of 1 7/8" Speed Engineering long tubes, Speed Engineering y-pipe and a complete stock 6.2 exhaust (my truck is a 5.3). After making my own ball flange for the y pipe/exhaust connector and adjusting the y-pipe clamp about 6 times I finally took it for a drive. I have a weird "pingy" noise coming from the middle area of my truck. I know it isn't the driver side header clamp or the y pipe. I'm very positive it isn't the passenger or the flange clamp either. Could it be the stock muffler? The noise only starts around 2200-2500 RPM and up. I understand sounds amplify with the long tubes vs the stock manifolds but my 06 Silverado with the same Speed Engineering long tubes and Speed Engineering true dual x pipe exhaust didn't make this same noise at all in any RPM like this. I will try to make a video and attach later into this thread. Any other guys with similar setups have this issue? The truck will be tuned in about 3 weeks and hopefully a Borla XR1 replacing the stock muffler in a week or two. I might try to throw some e85 in it to see if it goes away.

I believe it can be the tune also. I know of someone who installed the same exact setup and his is tuned with a Diablo canned tuned and he doesn't have any issues with this tone. I am glad to hear his setup isn't making the noise though, so I can at least find a solution to it. Mine will have a custom tune though, I just think it's weird the exhaust tone is due to the stock tune being funky after the headers.

I run 89, 91, or E85. I am going to look hard for a leak tonight. My start up video does no justice on the tone I am referring to and the location. It sounds like a giant leak around the y pipe area in the video. But while driving it sounds terrible after 2k RPM. I want to try to video while I am driving but I think my iPhone will pick up more air noise than exhaust. But I am going to get a video tonight someway somehow.