Truck Door Not Closing Flush

Is anyone familiar with adjusting how a truck door closes?

The rear passenger door of my 2015 double cab has about a 3/8” gap at the bottom when the door is closed.  The drivers side is flush.  It’s been like this since day one, but hasn’t bothered me enough to pursue it.  I did a quick google search and didn’t find anything too informative.

https://i.ibb.co/1RSdSDZ/4524-EE72-CF19-4-D9-B-B3-E3-4-BF4-E4-C83067.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/LhhY9s3/0-C09-C05-B-0-EF1-4783-A7-E9-77-E1-ECD11087.jpg

Edited by royalkangaroo

17 hours ago, djw88 said:

normal GM quality sad to say. if you want perfect panel gaps your going to have to go for higher end vehicles like Lexus, BMW, Mercedes...

It’s funny the the article above mentions the same thing.  It’s also unfortunate that the fit and finish of BMWs or Mercedes are a step above these trucks and often with a cheaper price tag.  Folks spend $55,000+ on a truck and cant even expect the door panels to close flush?  

1 minute ago, royalkangaroo said:

It’s funny the the article above mentions the same thing.  It’s also unfortunate that the fit and finish of BMWs or Mercedes are a step above these trucks and often with a cheaper price tag.  Folks spend $55,000+ on a truck and cant even expect the door panels to close flush?  

yes there is a reason it costs what it does. If Mercedes, BMW, Lexus made a truck that was comparable to our trucks as far as performance it would probably be at least 10k more because of better fit and finish as well as better materials. When i sit in my parents BMW I am just amazed at the quality of everything.

choose what you want i guess, a chevy truck thats 55k has fitment issues and hard plastic interior or 65k 75k or hell make it an even 100k lol if you want the quality fit and finish.

Trucks used to do truck things like work. Now their supposed to work and pull Luxery campers and be luxury vehicles too. Can’t expect them to compare with Luxery vehicles that just have to do one thing. I bought a Luxery vehicle for 1/2 what a comparable truck would cost. I don’t expect to haul or pull with it. The money I saved I bought a used truck to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked at Honda of America and BMW South Carolina and visited their plants in Japan and Germany.  There are hand working processes and tools to adjust for fit and finish.  It’s only a matter of building those efforts into the process when identified.  Repetitive issues need to then be driven back to the source of the problem, such as the design or tooling process.  With Production rates of 100’s or even thousands daily something can get by at any Mfg’er.  My 2016 Sierra Texas Edition did not have this type issue.  Your dealer body shop guys should be able to adjust under warranty unless the frame is out of wack...then it’s a GM issue.