Sway Bar End Link Bolts

37 minutes ago, Madcow2020 said:

The factory nuts are distorted nuts I believe. Meaning they are I Alex and the distortion adds clamping.

The aftermarket are usually nylocks nuts if I am recalling correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my OEM nuts free spin on the bolt - same as the replacement NAPA nut/bolt that I purchased.

40 minutes ago, Madcow2020 said:

Are you talking about when you don’t have a wrench on the other side?

no, I can run the nut all the way up the threads til it runs out of threads

Theres no way its 17-18lbs.  Not calling anybody a liar Im just saying that doesn't seem right

I just removed and reinstalled mine again maybe 30 minutes ago because I had to replace a wheel speed sensor and I wanted to test this 18lbs of torque spec.  At 18lbs the nuts weren't even tight.  You could still grab the link with your hand and move it around.  You could still move the sway bar by hand.  Its not supposed to be like that.  I hit em with the impact until they wouldnt turn any more.   If it isn't right no big deal as theyre easy to replace

• Like 1

The only issue with over tightening is it stiffens up the front end. Not a big deal may decrease the ride quality a little and smash the bushings. 17-18 ft lbs is also the spec on a fresh bolt and nut from the factory. To achieve a good torque I would guess that running a tap and die to clean them up would be necessary. Just my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
Theres no way its 17-18lbs.  Not calling anybody a liar Im just saying that doesn't seem right

I just removed and reinstalled mine again maybe 30 minutes ago because I had to replace a wheel speed sensor and I wanted to test this 18lbs of torque spec.  At 18lbs the nuts weren't even tight.  You could still grab the link with your hand and move it around.  You could still move the sway bar by hand.  Its not supposed to be like that.  I hit em with the impact until they wouldnt turn any more.   If it isn't right no big deal as theyre easy to replace

Found my notes and I was wrong. The torque specs are 36 ft/lbs for the sway bar end links.