looking for oem front end piece part #

DirkDiggler84

On 4/22/2019 at 12:38 PM, DirkDiggler84 said:

I have searched but can't find a part # for the circled piece or anywhere online selling it.  It's just plastic, not metal and the fake chrome portion is one removable piece.

I live in Washington State where front plates are required and the license plate mount came riveted to this piece with 4 rivets.  Trying to remove and replace it with one with no holes and not mount a front plate, I hate them.

bumper.jpg

is it possible to just remove the lower chrome part?

17 hours ago, joshuapchase said:

is it possible to just remove the lower chrome part?

Yes, but I would not recommend doing so.  GM sells it by itself (part # 84176756) but the clips that attach it are really not meant to be re-used.  About 1/3 of mine would not completely snap back into place.  If I remember correctly, there were also 2 small screws or bolts that secured it though.  In the end it worked, but if you look really close in a couple spots you can see a very small gap near the edge between "chrome" piece and the one it attaches to.

• 2 months later...

I am looking to do the same with my 2020 Lt. It is important to add that the LT doesn't offer the chrome skid plate just the black lower cover. The lower cover must be replaced to accept the chrome skid plate, Part number I believe is 84219071( stock with LTZ and High Country trim levels.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the uninstall and reinstall instructions on part #84176756?  I can't seem to find any.

Thanks, Jerry

• 2 years later...
On 4/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, DirkDiggler84 said:

I have searched but can't find a part # for the circled piece or anywhere online selling it.  It's just plastic, not metal and the fake chrome portion is one removable piece.

I live in Washington State where front plates are required and the license plate mount came riveted to this piece with 4 rivets.  Trying to remove and replace it with one with no holes and not mount a front plate, I hate them.

bumper.jpg

If anyone interested in selling part 84176756 with holes already made to it, text me +1 956-431-1273