Booster seat in T1 double cab

Here's how my 3 yr old's booster looks in the back of my double cab.  I put an infant carrier in the center with the seat belt most mornings also without issue.

Our rear facing seat is doable in the center (the near term plan) but behind the driver/pax seat is too tight for a rear facer.

In general though I think the T1 double cabs are significantly more usable than the K2s for kids.

20190414_121112.jpg

• Like 1

Does it have the latch system back there, I read with our new seat that the "latch" system was only good to 40lbs?

We have a little while till we hit that weight, and was surprised to read that with our seat.

Will just have to figure out the seatbelt thing at that time.

Edited by Timd32

We just went forward facing with ours last Sunday only made 2 rides with it so far, so have some catching up to do.

Our daughter enjoys the front facing so far.

Will try out the seatbelt set up.

Thanks for posting. This is the reason I joined the forum. I have a 2015 Colorado LT Ex Cab and just tried to install a new seat for my 18 mo granddaughter. The only legal location in the Colorado is behind the passenger seat and that only works with the passenger seat full forward and tilted so far as to render the seat useless. Can't believe GM didn't allow for this. This basically means Only the driver and baby can travel together. Ridiculous. Thinking about trading for a 19 custom with the double cab and now I know I will have room for everyone.

2 hours ago, stujameson said:

Thanks for posting. This is the reason I joined the forum. I have a 2015 Colorado LT Ex Cab and just tried to install a new seat for my 18 mo granddaughter. The only legal location in the Colorado is behind the passenger seat and that only works with the passenger seat full forward and tilted so far as to render the seat useless. Can't believe GM didn't allow for this. This basically means Only the driver and baby can travel together. Ridiculous. Thinking about trading for a 19 custom with the double cab and now I know I will have room for everyone.

Cool.  I still recommed taking your prefered seat and trying it at the dealership in the config you like.

What I show in the picture is a Britax frontier click tight booster/harness seat which fit much better than typical car seats in my opinion.  Highly recommended when your little one is old enough.  Best part is it doesnt rattle or sound like and empty styrofoam color when unoccupied. Good luck!