4HI Max Speed

After reading the manual, I found no definitive reference to a top speed when driving in 4HI.  Have any of you found that page?

This is a question that pertains only to manual transfer case trucks.  I saw the info about the electronic t case systems.

Mine is a 4.3L 4x4.  

Every other part time 4x4 that I've driven listed a top speed at about 60 to 65mph, so I keep it under 60.  This info would help on snowy highways.  

Edited by NorthEast

Don't know why there would be a difference between manual and electric shift. At least for GMT800's, the bits in the actual drivetrain are the same, other than how the transfer case shifts (does not apply to the 1500 Autotrak/AWD setup).

12 hours ago, NorthEast said:

After reading the manual, I found no definitive reference to a top speed when driving in 4HI.  Have any of you found that page?

This is a question that pertains only to manual transfer case trucks.  I saw the info about the electronic t case systems.

Mine is a 4.3L 4x4.  

Every other part time 4x4 that I've driven listed a top speed at about 60 to 65mph, so I keep it under 60.  This info would help on snowy highways.  

It does not matter what speed you go in 4hi.

When you engage 4hi you are locking the front wheels and the back wheels together. All that matters is that you are not making a turn when all the tires have grip.