Discounts? Can I stack them?

Hey Folks,

With the year almost half way over I've finally decided that I'll move up from my 2017 Sierra 1500 All-Terrain to a 2019 Sierra Denali. However, like the title states I qualify for many GM discounts (3 to be exact). I qualify for the college graduate discount, supplier discount (work for defense contractor and used the supplier discount on my 2017) and I also qualify for the first responder discount (emergency service volunteer of 10 years). Am I only allowed to utilize one of these or can I obtain the three different authorization codes and go to my dealer and stack them with my lease loyalty? Dealerships haven't responded to my inquires on this question. Would anyone know? Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, FknLeon said:

Hey Folks,

With the year almost half way over I've finally decided that I'll move up from my 2017 Sierra 1500 All-Terrain to a 2019 Sierra Denali. However, like the title states I qualify for many GM discounts (3 to be exact). I qualify for the college graduate discount, supplier discount (work for defense contractor and used the supplier discount on my 2017) and I also qualify for the first responder discount (emergency service volunteer of 10 years). Am I only allowed to utilize one of these or can I obtain the three different authorization codes and go to my dealer and stack them with my lease loyalty? Dealerships haven't responded to my inquires on this question. Would anyone know? Thanks in advance.

I believe you only qualify for one. The supplier and first responder discount should be identical and the college discount is for people without any other discounts.

I found that it was up to the individual dealership.  My local dealership wouldn't let me use the 1st Responder Discount, because they stated they had already discounted the vehicle "too much."  I went to a different dealership where they allowed me to use the 1st Responder Discount on top of the loyalty discounts/other incentives.  Difference of about $7k.  Shop around!

You are probably eligible for GM loyalty if your last one was a GM. That is a stackable discount worth $1,000 in Canada, not too sure about the US. Sometimes they are stackable, sometimes not. I got $9,000 off MSRP, $1,000 for GM Loyalty, and $2,500 for cash for clunkers in 2010 when I bought my first All Terrain but they were practically giving them away after the bailout. 

The GM discounts you mentioned are gimicky compared to Ford and FCA.  With Ford and FCA the first responder, Affiliate, Loyalty, Farm Bureau, teacher, college graduate are set amount rebates that typically vary between 500 and 1k and are discounted on top of best deal, even if they are not all stackable.  With GM those programs (with exception of Loyalty, conquest, and Finance) are discounted from MSRP. Meaning LTs with available manufacture rebates are currently priced lower (around 10k with finance rebate) than supplier, first responder, ect.  Perhaps if you are getting a High Country or LTZ those pricing discounts would be more than the rebates. IMO GM should assign a rebate value to each program that is addition to all available rebates. 

Edited by lrtexasman