The L9H option and the trucks it came in.

Hey guys I'm a brand new member here. I admittedly do not own a newer model GM truck, but I am finishing my LS2-swapped C10 project this summer. I need information on the 09-13 trucks that came with the L9H. I want a 4-door truck to haul my C10 with (and occasionally my kids), but I won't settle for anything other than the 6.2L. Could you guys help me with what models came with the 6.2 besides the Denali? Thanks.

It was an option in extended and crew cab Chevies, Not necessarily the LTZ. Case in point, a member has one for sale

I think in 09 they were initially an option in crew cab trucks, and as the years went on they broadened the offerings, such as extended cab in 2011. Best bet is to check the Service Parts Identification label (if pictured) on the ads you check. 

2009 in crew cab SLT trim GMCs and LTZ trim Chevs.

2010 through 2013 in any LT or LTZ extended cab or crew cab and any SLE or SLT extended or crew cab GMC.   

One of my many trucks is a 2013 extended cab cloth LT with the good old L9H and Max tow so it has 3.73 gears!  I can't stand leather interior finishes so I looked for a little bit and found one in cloth with low miles.  I live somewhere where these 6.2 trucks are plentiful.

Edited by SierraHD17

Oh and never in an HD chassis either... just half tons.  I only say that as this is posted in the HD section for whatever reason.  If you had posted in the half ton side there is a multi sticky thread with 969 replies on these 6.2 trucks.

Edited by SierraHD17

It's fine just wasn't sure if you wanted a 3/4 ton or not lol.  Yeah all my friends with kids say that too... yet their vehicles are foul smelling filth pits littered with rotting food they don't ever clen anyway so I fail to see why it matters to them lol.  

There were about six hundred 2009 LTZ Tahoes with the L9H, both in 4WD and 2WD.  In 2010 a very small number of GMC Yukon XL SLTs also had the L9H.  I've only seen one with 4WD so far.

Not sure how long the pickups kept using the engine after its introduction in 2009.  If the price is right, you can always delete AFM from an L94 which would basically convert it to an L9H which itself is a FlexFuel version of the L92.

9 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Yeah all my friends with kids say that too... yet their vehicles are foul smelling filth pits littered with rotting food they don't ever clen anyway so I fail to see why it matters to them lol.  

Hell I'm too anal to own a dirty vehicle. Plus they wouldn't be in it much anyway. What is a reasonable price for one these trucks as a 6.2 crew cab lower than 120K miles? 16K? More/less?

3 hours ago, LegionOfSarcasm said:

Hell I'm too anal to own a dirty vehicle. Plus they wouldn't be in it much anyway. What is a reasonable price for one these trucks as a 6.2 crew cab lower than 120K miles? 16K? More/less?

I know, but i find it ironic when people say that.  I just got into buddies "work" car to go pick my 6.2 truck up from getting an alignment after leveling it and the garbage in his passenger foot well if level with the seat bottom...  One of the same guys that says he buys leather because it's easier to clean lol.  

I can't tell you what prices down in Alabama are like on used trucks so I don't know.  I know here they would ask at least $20 to $25K for it... not that they would necessarily get that much.    If you convert that to US dollars its more like 16 to 20 lol.     I can't really use my truck as a comparison as it's an extended cab, cloth and only had 48000 miles on it. 

On 5/21/2019 at 12:48 PM, swathdiver said:

There were about six hundred 2009 LTZ Tahoes with the L9H, both in 4WD and 2WD.  In 2010 a very small number of GMC Yukon XL SLTs also had the L9H.  I've only seen one with 4WD so far.

Not sure how long the pickups kept using the engine after its introduction in 2009.  If the price is right, you can always delete AFM from an L94 which would basically convert it to an L9H which itself is a FlexFuel version of the L92.

In 2010 they were available in Canadian Avalanches with the LTZ package, according to a CompNine VIN search i did, only 187 were made with the 6.2 L9H.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rae61 said:

In 2010 they were available in Canadian Avalanches with the LTZ package, according to a CompNine VIN search i did, only 187 were made with the 6.2 L9H.

Cool, I did not know that and see you're one of the lucky ones to have such a rare gem!