Hauling some downed tree limbs

Had a storm blow through.  It took out a huge oak tree.  Needless to say I have been busy the past two days cutting it up and hauling it to the street for the town to pick up.  Got to love living in a small town. 

Broke out the Stihl and went to work.  Nice to have an older truck to be able to do this.  The 2019 is still too new. :)

thumbnail_IMG_5044.jpg

thumbnail_7DB1F7DD-3677-448D-AC10-BB9071D49324.jpg

thumbnail_0386017D-913C-4FDA-8805-57C5C061978A.jpg

thumbnail_EDD5BF23-3E59-4A8D-880B-49339F618ACC.jpg

44E17C90-2EBE-4DF6-B4FF-C4EB5B334478.JPG

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 1

That looks like fun... Nice looking '02 you've got, I really liked that generation.... If you used the 2019 you could make less trips because of the bigger bed volume they've been bragging about...

12 hours ago, txab said:

No fireplace?

No, gas logs. LOL  I have a friend that heats his house with one of those whole house wood burners.  So he is coming to pick up the logs I cut up.  That Stihl worked like a champ, the only thing that broke a sweat was me. :)

2 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

That looks like fun... Nice looking '02 you've got, I really liked that generation.... If you used the 2019 you could make less trips because of the bigger bed volume they've been bragging about...

... and as soon as the limbs looked at the paint on the 2019s there would be scratches everywhere. :(

1 hour ago, BlueSilvyZ71 said:

... and as soon as the limbs looked at the paint on the 2019s there would be scratches everywhere. :(

Yeah if it's anything like my 2016 I'm sure that is true... When I need to haul that kinda stuff I usually use a small utility trailer...

• 5 weeks later...
No, gas logs. LOL  I have a friend that heats his house with one of those whole house wood burners.  So he is coming to pick up the logs I cut up.  That Stihl worked like a champ, the only thing that broke a sweat was me. [emoji4]
When I had a tree taken down, they used an MS170 for all the limbing. Pretty impressive to see that little saw used in a commercial environment and holding up well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kstruckcountry said:

When I had a tree taken down, they used an MS170 for all the limbing. Pretty impressive to see that little saw used in a commercial environment and holding up well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have an MS170 as well.  It is a little beast of a saw.  Just that this one was my high school classmate and best friend and he passed away so i bought it from his kids to help them out.  Their mom passed away 4yrs ago and it is just them, one is 18yrs old and the other 20yrs old.