First oil change

17 hours ago, Ibmikey said:

I am currently on my fifth Canyon pick up and have yet to seek out the service department for anything but recalls and service leaving me to believe my maintenance schedule is in fact working.

First Canyon's became available in what...2003 so you trade about every three years. So like 40 thousand miles or so? You could run it on literally anything and get it that far trouble free. 

Points of reference are everything, eh? 

2 hours ago, MacLaren said:

Hitting on filters again, I used to use Napa Gold as mentioned before. 

But, today in Wal Mart, I noticed they carry KN filters. Are they top notch?

And, I think the one I would need would be for AC Delco PF63?

Correct AC delco PF63. Don't know about k&n I don't care for them.

• Thanks 1

I liked those Mazdas from the 70s. Don't get me wrong. I like older cars. The design back then was very spectacular but that is it. cars now a days are better by long shot, I mean you driven old cars they stop like crap they broke easy and performance wasn't there and if it was, it was delivered in a very scary way :). I do agree new gimmicky stuff are bad but think about it this way back in the days people didn't want electric windowes because they broke down easily now a days they can't live without them. 

My last old collector car was a 64 elcamino. 327, close ratio 4 speed, factory AC. A real looker. Drove and stopped like a school bus. I don’t know how I got through my early driving in NJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Local specialty car dealer had a 64 SS. Under it was a Currie Ford 9" and Turbo 700R and under the bonnet a 500 inch alloy Merlin. Body and interior were very nice and very original but brakes and powertrain....resto rod. Brembo 6 piston and Weld Wheel. I drove a tubed 396 version in a 65 SS in the late 70's. Tipping into the pedal in 3rd gear would get her nose light. 

I'm so happy that I can find such old iron. Something the next generation will be unable to say of the current Detroit offerings. It's 2120 and I can't see some guy ogling over a 2020 2.0T Impala or Malibu. Heck, I don't now. Point is, there won't be any.

Pretty sure neither will blow the candles out of a 66 Impala SS 427, M21. I don't remember gritting my teeth stopping my 65 or my 66 Big Block FE Customs' from any speed nor wrestling it around any corners. 

Commercial over. Back to your regular programing. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

Local specialty car dealer had a 64 SS. Under it was a Currie Ford 9" and Turbo 700R and under the bonnet a 500 inch alloy Merlin. Body and interior were very nice and very original but brakes and powertrain....resto rod. Brembo 6 piston and Weld Wheel. I drove a tubed 396 version in a 65 SS in the late 70's. Tipping into the pedal in 3rd gear would get her nose light. 

I'm so happy that I can find such old iron. Something the next generation will be unable to say of the current Detroit offerings. It's 2120 and I can't see some guy ogling over a 2020 2.0T Impala or Malibu. Heck, I don't now. Point is, there won't be any.

Pretty sure neither will blow the candles out of a 66 Impala SS 427, M21. I don't remember gritting my teeth stopping my 65 or my 66 Big Block FE Customs' from any speed nor wrestling it around any corners. 

18 years ago my wife was into little cars. She had a Z28 Camaro and wanted a Intagra. I was amused. Sitting at the dealership I saw a type R brochure. I told her if she wanted me anywhere near one, get that one. She drove it a year and claimed it was going to be a collector. I laugh. After seeing all those fast and furious movies, I began to believe. I quit collecting 70s muscle cars and started paying attention to the rice burner. The first one that went across Barrett Jackson went for 68K. A little cleaner than the wife’s, not by much. They’re still making them, just different tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Haha that is funny. I find it hard to believe that any of these little $hit box will last 20-30 yrs let alone 100. My father in law had a 1954 white Impala that he was restoring before he passed away and let me tell you that was a head turner. Such a sleek looking car. I bet you that one needed 3k miles oil change