Paint code for black TB bumpers

Few weeks ago I was on a small road trip and ended up on a crappy highway and the truck in front of me nailed me pretty good with some rocks. I want to touch up the front bumper but the dealer tells me they have no paint code for the black bumpers so there is nothing they have to match it. Any idea on how I can touch this up? 

6 hours ago, ct_corey said:

Few weeks ago I was on a small road trip and ended up on a crappy highway and the truck in front of me nailed me pretty good with some rocks. I want to touch up the front bumper but the dealer tells me they have no paint code for the black bumpers so there is nothing they have to match it. Any idea on how I can touch this up? 

It's not painted.  Its black chrome.  I would suggest you find a good paint shop and see if they can match it and give u a small bottle to touch up with

6 hours ago, ct_corey said:

Paint code should be WA8555 standard GM Black.  Its an educated guess since the color matches a black Trail Boss to begin with.  If you were replacing the bumper for example, it comes just in primer and is a paint to match bumper.   

13 minutes ago, z1boss said:

It's not painted.  Its black chrome.  I would suggest you find a good paint shop and see if they can match it and give u a small bottle to touch up with

No.  See above.

5 minutes ago, newdude said:

Paint code should be WA8555 standard GM Black.  Its an educated guess since the color matches a black Trail Boss to begin with.  If you were replacing the bumper for example, it comes just in primer and is a paint to match bumper.   

No.  See above.

The Trailboss bumper is different than the RST and other trim level bumpers.  I'm 100% sure its black chrome not painted.  That being said the color code you mentioned should come pretty close.

Edited by z1boss

19 minutes ago, z1boss said:

The Trailboss bumper is different than the RST and other trim level bumpers.  I'm 100% sure its black chrome not painted.  That being said the color code you mentioned should come pretty close.

Custom and Custom TB use the same paint to match bumper (84588804, BAR, FRT BPR IMP (PAINT TO MATCH). 

RST and LT Trail Boss use the same paint to match bumper (84367308, BAR, FRT BPR IMP (PAINT TO MATCH, FOR USE ON VEHICLES BUILT PRIOR TO 28SEPT2018) and (84588806 BAR, FRT BPR IMP (PAINT TO MATCH, FOR VEHICLES BUILT ON OR AFTER 28SEPT2018) 

No black chrome.  Painted black. 

Edited by newdude

28 minutes ago, newdude said:

Custom and Custom TB use the same paint to match bumper (84588804, BAR, FRT BPR IMP (PAINT TO MATCH). 

RST and LT Trail Boss use the same paint to match bumper (84367308, BAR, FRT BPR IMP (PAINT TO MATCH, FOR USE ON VEHICLES BUILT PRIOR TO 28SEPT2018) and (84588806 BAR, FRT BPR IMP (PAINT TO MATCH, FOR VEHICLES BUILT ON OR AFTER 28SEPT2018) 

No black chrome.  Painted black. 

I heard them say black chrome for the Trailboss around the time when they announced the entire lineup back in Jan 2018.

Do you use the pen applicator? I watched a body shop guy touching up some chips and he was using some paint in a small jar and a toothpick. Just dabbed the tiniest little bit to make the end of the toothpick wet then dabbed the paint chip spots.

Just noticed my first rock chip on my black TB bumper.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...