Loaner

This was my loaner for the day while the dealership had my truck. This was my first time driving the new body style GMC. It was a SLT with 1300 miles and the new multi pro tailgate. It seemed to ride a little smoother than mine but mine has the Z71 off road package and the truck I drove today did not. I really like the keyless entry and push button start but the tailgate was my favorite thing about the new truck. If I had to replace my truck today I'm pretty sure that it would be a new GMC.

Loaner.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CombsL83 said:

I thought that looked familiar :/

3D88300C-BBAB-47F5-BF91-83D49D6980ED.jpeg

Good point.  To take it one step further, many will argue that all new American pickups look alike.  If my wife was colour blind, she would have some difficulty finding our truck in a  parking lot!  ;-)   I, on the other hand, take a keen interest in the "big 3" pickups and can recognize the more subtle differences between years and/or brands. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Good point.  To take it one step further, many will argue that all new American pickups look alike.  If my wife was colour blind, she would have some difficulty finding our truck in a  parking lot!  ;-)   I, on the other hand, take a keen interest in the "big 3" pickups and can recognize the more subtle differences between years and/or brands. 

My wife once mistook a GMT-900 Silverado that had a bull bar on the front for her dad's 2011 EcoBoost, which has a cap and no bull bar. 

I have to admit, even though I think I know my cars and trucks, I can't tell one truck from another from behind at more than about 200 ft while driving.  My eyes are quite what they used to be, but the differences are so slight when viewed from behind.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CombsL83 said:

I'd never mistake the 3 either but it is funny how GM seemed to borrow some design elements from the F150s that are in the process of being redesigned.

I might have posted this before on here but my brother pointed out that all new pickups have the notch or lift in the rear window that was originally done by the Nissan Frontier. 

619GY3BfkTL.jpg

14 hours ago, Mike GMC said:

I have to admit, even though I think I know my cars and trucks, I can't tell one truck from another from behind at more than about 200 ft while driving.  My eyes are quite what they used to be, but the differences are so slight when viewed from behind.

When I see a new Ram from a distance out of the corner of my eye, I think it's a Ridgeline for some reason. And the new Fords apparently have the same taillights as the new Rams.