2014 silverado loses electrical power

Have a new issue, just started happening. Seems to happen at higher rpms. Truck will lose all electrical power, but not completely, dash, stereo, flashes on and off, check stabilitrack and steering warnings come on. engine kinda stutters but not much, i was passing someone when it happened the first time and it downshifted going down a grade and it happened again. Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

battery cable recall comes to mind. then battery then alternator then look at the codes see fault location
You talking about the nnbs recall back in like 08? Went out this morn and clock had reset and i had to roll down and up my window? Kinda weird. Ive read some stuff about bad grounds so ill probably start there

New truck read the battery draw and shut down things to save battery cool idea but mean your battery needs to be 100%.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It seems like the battery is fine, i dont have slow crank or anything

My 2 guesses are already said. The battery cable going down to the starter. Or the most common with them, and mine, was the ground cable right at the a pillar behind the tweeter. Its not maki g a good connection because some insulation is under it. Remove the cable, cut the insulation, reinstall cable. Problem gone. The clue is the stabilitrac issue. None with the battery cable problems had stablitrac issues.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, i have noticed it only has been acting up under load, like when passing. And usually when it happens and i shut it off, it loses memory power to the radio and one time no power at all, nothing, wouldnt crank. But then i messed around and all of a sudden started up fine. Nothing obvious. I took the das panel off and the matting didnt look pinched, i cleaned up the frame ground as well. Havent had an issue yet.

On 7/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, RACERX7775 said:

This should be a sticky at the top of the forum.

I agree!  I got that PIT from somebody else on this forum a while ago so there may be a newer version.  It solved my electrical issues! Maybe somebody could find the latest one and attach it then create a sticky thread.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:24 PM, ullose272 said:

Thanks everyone, i have noticed it only has been acting up under load, like when passing. And usually when it happens and i shut it off, it loses memory power to the radio and one time no power at all, nothing, wouldnt crank. But then i messed around and all of a sudden started up fine. Nothing obvious. I took the das panel off and the matting didnt look pinched, i cleaned up the frame ground as well. Havent had an issue yet.

I did the same.  When I opened the dash I didn't see the insulation trapped under the ground nut but I removed the nut and cable, cleaned/scraped around the stud, and reinstalled the nut as tightly as I could.  While I had the dash open I did the one on the passenger side too.  I have not had any issues since.