Power brake recall Canada

I've just been told about a recall for my Sierra 2014 for the power brakes. My vehicle is a salvage repair and I know that in the United States federal law states that a manufacturer must repair safety recalls free of charge even if the vehicle is a salvaged vehicle. Does anyone know if a similar law applies in Canada?

On 2019-07-21 at 3:37 PM, astepup said:

My '16 that I got in January was originally an export to Canada. I'll have to stop in to the dealership and see if I'm affected. 

have a look on the my chev/gmc page. Should list if the recall is for your vehicle. 

On 21/07/2019 at 10:12 AM, YEGbluesilverado said:

all K2 trucks with the vacuum pump have this recall.  I got mine done in May.

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get the dealership to do anything to the brakes before I pick up my new 2018 from them. 

I just wanted to touch base in regards to this recall. Im up in Canada and  I took my truck 2017 Silverado Z71 LTZ in yesterday for a oil change and they performed the recall N192217410 reduction in vacuum brake assist. As in my understanding that they would be replacing the vacuum pump to the new updated one but no they didn’t. I got the work order back and it states that they reprogrammed the electronic brake control module. Can someone chime in on how this is going to fix the problem with the vacuum pump? 

Any help is appreciated