How is the Rough Country 4" Lift for the AT4?

I've had Rough Country lifts on my last two trucks (GMC Sierra 1 Ton w/ 37's no issue) and a 6" lift on the 1/2 ton GMC Sierra with 37's. With my 1/2 ton I had to drop down to 35's and chip it because the ABS sensor thought the truck was going to roll around every corner and kicked on. My question is... I have a 2019 AT4 coming and as far as I know Rough Country is the only one with a lift currently available. I've heard some not so good things about Rough Country. Anyone have the lift and how is it? 

My questions for you:

1) why on God’s green earth would you ever think about slapping a budget lift system on a truck that’s worth over $50k?

2) why would you consider buying an AT4 that comes with a perfectly functional lift under warranty? You might as well buy the WT/SLE trims and slap that sort of lift on the truck and save yourself about $10 grand . 

3) If you’ve heard not so good things about Rough Country, why are you running them on your truck then?

4) Are you also going to be rolling with American Forged/Fuel deep dish rims?

• Confused 1

1. Because I would like higher than a 2" lift on my truck and the only company that makes a lift for the AT4 is Rough Country ( I think, which is why I am asking the question)

2. I purchased the AT4 because I like it... The AT4 has additional upgrades to the SLE over just the 2" stock lift. Are you reaching out to all the other idiots out there who've decided to lift their AT4 which all come with a "perfectly functionally lift under warranty" and asked them the same question. I can only speak for myself when I say I am going to do it because I can and because I want to. 

3. I've had Rough Country lifts on two previous trucks because the shop I worked with used Rough Country. I never heard anything negative about them until I started researching an issue I was having with my 1/2 ton. At that point its a little too late to pick a different lift. 

4. Why do you care what rims I "roll with"? 

BTW... I really appreciate your opinion. All of your information has really helped me with the initial question that I asked. Thanks for taking the time. SMDH

• Like 1

Gotta love how much hate there is on here for RCX. Early systems were junk, yes. They have come around the past few years and really started building quality kits. Are they designed for hardcore off road bashing? No. How many people on here actually take their pickups seriously off road, less than 5% I’d be willing to bet. Taking it on a dirt road twice a year to your deer lease doesn’t mean you’re an off roader, most all of these including mine are pavement pounders made to look sharp.

I don’t have first world experience with that kit on the AT4 but I’ve driven the 6” for the Z71 and I thought it was a great kit. I’d imagine the one for AT4 is just as good.

7 hours ago, FiatDale said:

Gotta love how much hate there is on here for RCX. Early systems were junk, yes. They have come around the past few years and really started building quality kits. Are they designed for hardcore off road bashing? No. How many people on here actually take their pickups seriously off road, less than 5% I’d be willing to bet. Taking it on a dirt road twice a year to your deer lease doesn’t mean you’re an off roader, most all of these including mine are pavement pounders made to look sharp.

I don’t have first world experience with that kit on the AT4 but I’ve driven the 6” for the Z71 and I thought it was a great kit. I’d imagine the one for AT4 is just as good.

Thank you! I appreciate the reply, and for not being a douche! lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, slednchick said:

1. Because I would like higher than a 2" lift on my truck and the only company that makes a lift for the AT4 is Rough Country ( I think, which is why I am asking the question)

2. I purchased the AT4 because I like it... The AT4 has additional upgrades to the SLE over just the 2" stock lift. Are you reaching out to all the other idiots out there who've decided to lift their AT4 which all come with a "perfectly functionally lift under warranty" and asked them the same question. I can only speak for myself when I say I am going to do it because I can and because I want to. 

3. I've had Rough Country lifts on two previous trucks because the shop I worked with used Rough Country. I never heard anything negative about them until I started researching an issue I was having with my 1/2 ton. At that point its a little too late to pick a different lift. 

4. Why do you care what rims I "roll with"? 

BTW... I really appreciate your opinion. All of your information has really helped me with the initial question that I asked. Thanks for taking the time. SMDH

No experience with Rough Country. However, there are a few other companies with lifts currently for the AT4 including BDS. Car ID has several companies with lifts on their website specifically for the AT4