My new baby...2018 Sierra Denali Ultimate 6.2

1 hour ago, Donnie1 said:

i think there about the same. I can get the rust check down here in  South Bend Indiana. just sold a 15 year old Cadillac with 128,000 miles and no rust on it.

I'll keep it in mind.  I'm in Canada.  Central Ontario, otherwise the Salt belt...lol.   Yup, they love their salt over here.  I do know we have Rust Check here so I'll check it out.  

Thanks again ...

Joe

Congratulations very nice truck @Joe98.

Going to play Devil's Advocate and recommend you get a Magnaflow 12909.  Nice sound at cold start, wide open throttle, cruising, and won't have the neighborhood inline to put you against the wall facing a firing squad. Will definitely let you know a 6.2 lurks under the hood.  Best of all the price is right and the muffler is a 3.5 inch inlet/outlet matching the factory pipe.

Nice truck, I am in Ontario too and have a K2 All Terrain, the ranchos ride bad with factory car tires, once you put a real set of rubber on they ride good. If you venture out on any of our logging roads you will want to ditch the P series tires for a LT series in a D range or higher anyway. I also park mine in the garage in the winter because our magnesium chloride "salt" will make the underside look 10 years old after winter #1. 

On 7/29/2019 at 6:57 PM, Joe98 said:

That’s great Jim.  I’ll give them a shout tomorrow,  I have heard of GMpartsdierect,  but I’m in Canada so shipping charges will be horrendous.  I have a buddy who owns a auto and body repair shop .  He’s always gets trade cost so I’m hoping to get tonneau cover and splash guards through him.  Thanks again...

Here are a few Canadian sites I use to price check my dealership for OEM parts. You can often search part numbers on Amazon with some luck for certain things.

https://www.tubmangmpartsdepot.ca/Chevrolet__.html

https://www.davisgmcanadaparts.ca/

https://www.jackcartergmpartsdepot.ca/Chevrolet_2019_.html

https://www.gmpartsworld.ca/

17 hours ago, Lgetz said:

Congratulations very nice truck @Joe98.

Going to play Devil's Advocate and recommend you get a Magnaflow 12909.  Nice sound at cold start, wide open throttle, cruising, and won't have the neighborhood inline to put you against the wall facing a firing squad. Will definitely let you know a 6.2 lurks under the hood.  Best of all the price is right and the muffler is a 3.5 inch inlet/outlet matching the factory pipe.

Thanks for the compliments sir.   I love the sound of a  good old fashion big block under the hood myself but, I have to tell you over the years I've come to enjoy a nice quiet ride.  My Harley is is plenty loud for me.  Actually the truck sounds really good at start up in the morning.   A lot better than the Ecoboost I drive at work...?

7 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Nice truck, I am in Ontario too and have a K2 All Terrain, the ranchos ride bad with factory car tires, once you put a real set of rubber on they ride good. If you venture out on any of our logging roads you will want to ditch the P series tires for a LT series in a D range or higher anyway. I also park mine in the garage in the winter because our magnesium chloride "salt" will make the underside look 10 years old after winter #1. 

Thanks for all the great info.  I plan to do the Krown Rust Control in the next coming weeks, and eventually a 3M front bumper wrap.   We sold our cottage years ago, so I won't be heading down any gravel roads any time soon hopefully.  Yes, a shame about the salt.  I'm actually the one who calls out the trucks at 2:30 am to salt and also to apply liquid brine when ordered by my superiors.   Hate to do it but it's my job. 

Cheers,

Joe