My new baby...2018 Sierra Denali Ultimate 6.2

Hope this works, not sure on how to post pictures..not the greatest picture.   Immediate future plans.  Tonneau cover, probably go with the BakFlip G2 or MX4.  Krown rust spray.  Not sure on mud flaps, splash guards....any recommendations ?  

Thanks again to all the wonderful people here who have always offered their valuable time for advice....

2018 Sierra Denali.jpg

• Like 5

That's a nice truck.

It's a Denali, though, and I'm sure lurking the forums you have seen the hate for the Magneride shocks on those when they go out, which seems to be about 40k-60k miles.

For a few hundred bucks, you can have that disabled and run standard type shocks that last longer on it and not pay an arm and a leg for new magneride shocks.

Don't run out and do it now, just be mindful of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Thank you sir;  it rides like a dream, yes I hear ya...wanted to get an All Terrain model at first but read here how many owners stated that the Rancho shocks rode like a chuck wagon...lol.  Oh well, I got the extended warranty, hopefully I won’t be replacing shocks for awhile yet...but thanks again for the tip..much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Joe98 said:

Hope this works, not sure on how to post pictures..not the greatest picture.   Immediate future plans.  Tonneau cover, probably go with the BakFlip G2 or MX4.  Krown rust spray.  Not sure on mud flaps, splash guards....any recommendations ?  

Thanks again to all the wonderful people here who have always offered their valuable time for advice....

2018 Sierra Denali.jpg

Great looking truck!!!

Don't worry about what the future can possibly bring, just causes anxiety, enjoy the ride until you get there! 

Congrats!

I would say run and do asap item will be to clear film the front bumper, hood and fenders while its still perfect. Or do it yourself with the kits they have.

Ceramic coating the rest will also be nice.

Beautiful truck. Have fun with it!

Mudflaps will help protect the sides of the truck from rock chips, so I always recommend those early on. WeatherTech has some nice ones that are no drill so you don't introduce a possible rust point.

19 hours ago, Joe98 said:

2018 Sierra Denali.jpg

I would suggest these: Splash Guards, Rear - GM (22902410), you can get both front and rear color matched to the vehicle from the factory.

20 hours ago, Donnie1 said:

Nice truck why Krown and not Rust check?

I've always used Krown, to be honest with you never tried Rust check.  Is the same method used.?    The dealer didn't even try or mention any of the stuff they sell such as the fabric scotch guard, paint protection, electronic rust module(JOKE) or any thing else..I was really shocked cause once your done with the sales person it's off to that little office they call " F & I "... where they try and get you for another 2 or 3 grand...lol.

4 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

I would suggest these: Splash Guards, Rear - GM (22902410), you can get both front and rear color matched to the vehicle from the factory.

Thanks very much Jim.  Just what I was looking for.  Are these the same ones that you can buy as an option when you go to the build and price on the GM web site ?   Any idea what they cost roughly ?

Thanks again...

Joe

10 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

Thanks very much Jim.  Just what I was looking for.  Are these the same ones that you can buy as an option when you go to the build and price on the GM web site ?   Any idea what they cost roughly ?

Thanks again...

Joe

You are very welcome.

Yes they are the factory splash guards, had a painted set on my 14 (not sure about the part number I listed being painted, just a reference to start your search), quality was very good, paint was spot on and they use all of the factory holes that are already there.

Start with GMpartsdirect.com to find the best price, then take that to your local dealer, they should match it.

Partdirect is kind of high on their shipping costs, think that is where they make up for the low prices.

That’s great Jim.  I’ll give them a shout tomorrow,  I have heard of GMpartsdierect,  but I’m in Canada so shipping charges will be horrendous.  I have a buddy who owns a auto and body repair shop .  He’s always gets trade cost so I’m hoping to get tonneau cover and splash guards through him.  Thanks again...

23 hours ago, Joe98 said:

I've always used Krown, to be honest with you never tried Rust check.  Is the same method used.?    The dealer didn't even try or mention any of the stuff they sell such as the fabric scotch guard, paint protection, electronic rust module(JOKE) or any thing else..I was really shocked cause once your done with the sales person it's off to that little office they call " F & I "... where they try and get you for another 2 or 3 grand...lol.

i think there about the same. I can get the rust check down here in  South Bend Indiana. just sold a 15 year old Cadillac with 128,000 miles and no rust on it.

22 hours ago, Joe98 said:

That’s great Jim.  I’ll give them a shout tomorrow,  I have heard of GMpartsdierect,  but I’m in Canada so shipping charges will be horrendous.  I have a buddy who owns a auto and body repair shop .  He’s always gets trade cost so I’m hoping to get tonneau cover and splash guards through him.  Thanks again...

You are very welcome.

Post more pictures when you are done (good practice with the computer).