Does anyone have experience with the Flow Master FlowFX ? Just wondering how it stacks up against the Borla Touring. I loved the Touring on my old truck. It had the right low growl and volume for my taste. The FlowFx sounds good on their youtube channel but can't really tell what the volume is like. Also at half the price of the Borla is the quality still there?

The flowmaster will not come close to the borla in terms of quality. Flowmaster is alot cheaper and will produce more drone than a borla would. Not to say the flowmaster is bad quality because I dont have any experience with it. I do have a borla s type on my truck currently and the quality is very nice. 

2 minutes ago, darks1d3 said:

Thanks! That's what I figured. I think I'll stick with the Borla. Now I have to decide if I want the Touring again or go to the S-Type. 

I have the s type. Its louder than I expected so if you are looking for a tame exhaust I would go with the Touring. 

4 hours ago, fieldsend said:

I have the s type. Its louder than I expected so if you are looking for a tame exhaust I would go with the Touring. 

I am. I basically just want to hear a low growl when I start it up or step on the gas.  The stock exhaust sounds like a fat kid with asthma. 

• 4 months later...

I have the flow fx single in single out on my 2018 silverado. Its not too too bad. It is pretty light and has a hollow knock, not sure if ita packed with a good grade acoustical packing. It sounds pretty nice. Has a decent tone. Id honestly like deeper. It gives you more of a humming tone, which might cause drone. I still have all 3 cats, flapper and resonator removed. I wish it was a bit deeer, but worth the price they sell it for. Cant expect much for that price. Id go with the borla pro xs. Its basic simple, used to have one in my old silverado. Its super deep but not annoying. Almost no drone in v4. I get all my mufflers welded under the bed, so that should help the drone. Also you might want to check out this set up. Sounds super mean and no drone at all. Throw on a super 10 and follow that with a vibrant ultra quite resonator. Sounds super nice. Really deep, no drone and the muscle truck tone. 

On 7/31/2019 at 3:51 PM, fieldsend said:

The flowmaster will not come close to the borla in terms of quality. Flowmaster is alot cheaper and will produce more drone than a borla would. Not to say the flowmaster is bad quality because I dont have any experience with it. I do have a borla s type on my truck currently and the quality is very nice. 

Any drone with your S-type?

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:11 AM, darks1d3 said:

Thanks! That's what I figured. I think I'll stick with the Borla. Now I have to decide if I want the Touring again or go to the S-Type. 

Don't discount the Gibson. Just put on my 2020 6.2L. Not too loud, but lower growl and to me sounds great. A little of the "helicopter" sound people talk about going 40-45 MPH other then that no complaints. Just saying and for the $478 I paid with shipping cant beat it..

1 minute ago, at4Brandon said:

Yeah same here and trying to decide which route to go. Thanks 

I can tell you, for the money I spent, the sound in the cabin is not too overwhelming, it does take a little getting used to the DFM switching back and fourth, but you will have that with any system. There is a "beefiness" to the exhaust tone now but not so loud you cant think. Its got a loud cold start up, but that almost completely goes away by the time I pull out of the garage. So again don't discount it, it was super easy to install on my own and great quality for $478..

If you live in a bad weather area where winters are harsh, go with the 304 stainless. The lower the number, the lower the ferrous metals, the better the stainless. The Borla is 304, I believe the Flowmaster is 409. I had the Flowmaster on my 2015 All Terrain and it surface rusted in less than 60 days in a mild northern Ohio winter.

Ran Gibson on my 2016 J**p, sounded good, but did get some corrosion on the welds after one Ohio winter. I am looking at the Borla S Type for my 2020 AT4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 month later...