21 minutes ago, BillCT said:

Did you just replace the muffler, or did you do the cat back/

So I had an rst with a 5.3 and I did a full s type cat back

i now have an ltz 6.2 and I did the s type catback on this truck as well. 

They both sound great. The 5.3 has less drone and sounds a little quieter 

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2019 at 10:04 PM, Londart2020 said:

Don't discount the Gibson. Just put on my 2020 6.2L. Not too loud, but lower growl and to me sounds great. A little of the "helicopter" sound people talk about going 40-45 MPH other then that no complaints. Just saying and for the $478 I paid with shipping cant beat it..

Any particular name, model or part number for the Gibson system you used?

On 12/27/2019 at 9:11 PM, Londart2020 said:

I can tell you, for the money I spent, the sound in the cabin is not too overwhelming, it does take a little getting used to the DFM switching back and fourth, but you will have that with any system. There is a "beefiness" to the exhaust tone now but not so loud you cant think. Its got a loud cold start up, but that almost completely goes away by the time I pull out of the garage. So again don't discount it, it was super easy to install on my own and great quality for $478..

I had the Gibson dual sport Catback on my 2018 Sierra 6.2L and I enjoyed every minute of it. I paid $480ish for it and the startup and deep snarky growl when getting on it was nice!  Yet it was very quiet on the highway driving. I had the older AFM system and didn’t notice it on that system.  
Glad you like your Catback.    If they would have made the system for my High Country’s standard bed I might have gotten it again. 

On 7/31/2019 at 11:50 AM, darks1d3 said:

Does anyone have experience with the Flow Master FlowFX ? Just wondering how it stacks up against the Borla Touring. I loved the Touring on my old truck. It had the right low growl and volume for my taste. The FlowFx sounds good on their youtube channel but can't really tell what the volume is like. Also at half the price of the Borla is the quality still there?

I put a Flowmaster Flow FX muffler on last week. It sounds really good. The tone is deep and there isn't any drone. I paid $100 for everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 9:01 AM, MRP said:

Any particular name, model or part number for the Gibson system you used?

I do not really remember and I have since upgraded to a 2500 Duramax so I can’t look either, sorry.

I installed the Flowmaster FlowFX Cat Back on my 2021 5.3 Silverado. I can tell you without a doubt it is a terrible choice of muffler. It is loud. Straight pipe loud. The interior sound level around town and on highway is unbearable. And the noises caused by the DFM are just irritating. Unless, of course, you want your truck to sound like a performance boat, than the FlowFx is for you.

If you want real Flowmaster sound, go with their Series 70 muffler.  That's what I did. I will be starting a thread over the weekend detailing my experience with the Flowmaster FlowFX Cat Back system.

Edited by Diamond817
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2019 at 8:04 PM, Londart2020 said:

Don't discount the Gibson. Just put on my 2020 6.2L. Not too loud, but lower growl and to me sounds great. A little of the "helicopter" sound people talk about going 40-45 MPH other then that no complaints. Just saying and for the $478 I paid with shipping cant beat it..

What is this helicopter noise you are talking about, even with a full cat back system?