Auto up window acting crazy on 2016 Sierra

Hit the auto up on the driver’s side and it will go all the way up and then roll itself all the way back down or down a couple inches.  About the only way to keep it in the up position is to stop it before all the way up and hold the button or other weird stuff like turning the truck off and opening the door real quick.

Anyone experienced this?  Can I replace the motor for a fix or is it a programming issue?

Thanks in advance!

It needs to be relearned. NOT using the auto feature roll it down and hold the button down for 5 seconds then NOT using the auto feature roll it up and continue to hold the button for 5 seconds.

• Like 2

This is definitely a issue of the motor needing to be reprogrammed (relearned). Make sure that you are doing the relearn procedure with the ignition on (engine off). 

Start with the window in the down position.

Roll up the window using the non-auto (1st Click) till it reaches the top and hold it for 6 seconds.

Roll down the window till it reaches the bottom using the non-auto (1st Click) till it reaches the bottom and hold it for 6 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  Had to replace battery and had everything disconnected for a day.  After new battery went in I had a message to ‘Put driver’s window down and up’ on the DIC.  Auto appears to be working now like it should (fingers crossed).  I think that was the relearning that was mentioned.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Edited by Aubie_01

• 2 years later...

Have a similar problem myself, I don't know 100% if it coincided with swapping out the battery but could be.

I can usually get it to stay up eventually, I was thinking it was the switch but I'll give this a try.

Obviously a hell of a lot cheaper to try haha.