Android Auto Update Notification on MyLink

I had a notification on my nav screen the other day so I clicked update. It transformed Android Auto into something great. My phone then updated a few days later and it set everything back to the typical layout. How do I go back to the update that took place in the mylink? 

All the android auto items were single icons, while running waze I had a menu for iheart radio on the screen, it was so much more user friendly for me. Damn phone updates...

On 8/9/2019 at 11:26 AM, mike67naz said:

Open Android Auto, Settings, First option should be "Try the new Android Auto" - enable

If not there, force stop the app, re-start app, do the above, should be there...

I just tried this and it worked perfectly. I do like the new layout. I never got any notification on MyLink about an update so I didnt know anything about it. This makes it a lot easier to use. Thanks.

I just tried this and it worked perfectly. I do like the new layout. I never got any notification on MyLink about an update so I didnt know anything about it. This makes it a lot easier to use. Thanks.

The update is on Android side, not Mylink. Google debuted the update to AA earlier in the year and it's just starting to roll out with the AA update on your phone. The AA on your phone side will also change sometime down the road(they said summer) and replaced with Google Assistant, let's drive mode.

https://www.androidcentral.com/google-assistant-driving-mode-will-eventually-replace-android-auto-app-mode

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gotcha. I must have misread the OP but he had mentioned a notification on the NAV screen so I thought he meant on the MyLink under Android Auto selection. My bad. Either way, I am enjoying the new layout on MyLink

• Like 1

Gotcha. I must have misread the OP but he had mentioned a notification on the NAV screen so I thought he meant on the MyLink under Android Auto selection. My bad. Either way, I am enjoying the new layout on MyLink

No worries, I probably should have quoted the OP instead, my bad. Yeah, I thought the same thing too about the notification on his MyLink. I never got one, it was just all on the Android side... Haha

Me too, I'm liking the new look. The update option showed up in my settings the same day I swapped out to the Denali cluster, so it made my truck dash feel like a new truck.. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1