WT Denali Gauge Cluster Question

So I have a 2018 Silverado Custom (No steering wheel controls), Base Cluster.

I did the 2018 Denali Cluster upgrade, since I have no steering wheel controls I wont be able to navigate any of the cluster menus right?

Therefore I lost function to checking Fuel Consumption, Trip, Etc etc?

I pretty much figured I would since my cluster has the little knob on it that lets me move across the few other screens.

Maybe theres another way of getting access to these menus without steering wheel controls?

Thank you guys!

• Like 1

You will need more than the wheel. I think there is a wire you have to connect from the clockspring to the cluster. I’m not exactly sure. I upgraded my 15 WT wheel to the heated wheel and then also upgraded my cluster, but I was unable to navigate as well. The new wheel is a good place to start, but you will need more than the wheel most likely.

• Thanks 1

Oh damn that’s crazy I would of thought if would of been plug n play but I guess might b missing a harness or something wonder if @pgamboa would know if it’s possible to had steering wheel with controls if it wasn’t equip with it from factory. He’s the master tech ? if anybody he would know what is needed

I have done this swap already ...

you only need to add one wire from the clock spring to the cluster for the LIN bus pin #20 in the cluster to pin #2 on the clock spring connector 

That single wire will give you wheel illumination and cluster navigation controls 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Todd1982 said:

you only need to add one wire from the clock spring to the cluster for the LIN bus pin #20 in the cluster to pin #2 on the clock spring connector 

That single wire will give you wheel illumination and cluster navigation controls 

@Todd1982 Thanks man! Hopefully its that simple! What year is your truck? 

Apart from the steering wheel, was there anything else you needed to buy? Clock spring etc?

@pgamboa Can you chime in whenever you have a chance and confirm this? 

My truck is a 2018 Custom. So Base cluster, steering wheel, all manual seats etc.

Edited by GarciaLuis89

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 4:37 PM, Todd1982 said:

I just want to confirm. I did this over the weekend.

My truck is a 2018. I got a steering wheel and clock spring from Frankie off of a 2015, installed them, ran the one wire from #2 on the clock spring to #20 on the cluster and everything works flawlessly. 

Illumination plus steering wheel controls for the cluster. Thank you and @pgamboa for making the wire for me and helping me through the install.

Edited by GarciaLuis89
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, GarciaLuis89 said:

My truck is a 2018. I got a steering wheel and clock spring from Frankie off of a 2015, installed them, ran the one wire from #2 on the clock spring to #20 on the cluster and everything works flawlessly. 

Illumination plus steering wheel controls for the cluster. Thank you and @pgamboa for making the wire for me and helping me through the install.

Glad it worked out for you ,

What are you going to do about radio controls ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GarciaLuis89 said:

Already man glad to hear it’s working, now u can post your Denali Cluster pictures!! 

57 minutes ago, Todd1982 said:

Glad it worked out for you ,

What are you going to do about radio controls ?

Im hoping to get with MVI and go from I0B to I05 or 6. I would really like to upgrade to the 8" Screen with Navigation & Carplay (I currently have the 7" with Carplay)

Im not sure on the radio controls, I skimmed through the WT to DIC & 8" Screen thread but didnt see much info for the I0B truck.

57 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Already man glad to hear it’s working, now u can post your Denali Cluster pictures!! 

Hell yeah man, I was so happy when I was finally able to use my cluster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GarciaLuis89 said:

Im hoping to get with MVI and go from I0B to I05 or 6. I would really like to upgrade to the 8" Screen with Navigation & Carplay (I currently have the 7" with Carplay)

Im not sure on the radio controls, I skimmed through the WT to DIC & 8" Screen thread but didnt see much info for the I0B truck.

Hell yeah man, I was so happy when I was finally able to use my cluster.

Yeah a lot of nice stuff u can do when u can navigate threw the icons, well I have 8in screen with digital AC buttons for sell too bro HMU 

• Like 1