Guys with exhaust-try this

JimTX

Hey guys I’m curious if putting the truck in L8 and sport mode disables cylinder deactivation. I can’t tell since there’s no light to tell you, but try driving around in those modes together and see if it sounds like it’s running on all 8 cylinders and that might keep me and others from buying a chip or something that disables it. Thanks guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M7 on an 8 speed and M9 on the 10 speed shuts DFM off. M8 and M10 won’t. Now, I do have an exhaust but even on a stock truck you should ever so slightly feel and hear a slight change in the engine tone. 

For the purpose of testing, put the truck in M7 or M9 and drive the truck at a speed it won’t reach top gear. For instance, at 35 with the 10 speed, mine is in 6th. If I click from M9 to M10, you can tell when DFM comes on in M10 and back off in M9, all the while the trans stays in the same (6th) gear. Same would apply to the 8 speed but with M7 and M8 being the two gears that activate/ deactivate DFM.

Now, I don’t do this to avoid DFM, it doesn’t bother me one bit. But it’s a good way to measure the difference in sound and feel.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Thanks 1