Headers

I’m really about to buy these has anyone used them how do they fit ? https://www.speed-engineering.com/shop-by-vehicle/2014-2017-gm-trucks/exhaust/headers-y-pipes/silverado-sierra-1-7-8-headers-y-pipe-2013-4-8l-5-3l-6-0l-6-2l-truck-suv.html. Any tips for install when I order these tomorrow?

41 minutes ago, goeb34 said:

I have them on my truck, sound good, i had a local guy install and tune for me. It’s what he recommended and he’s done 2 other friends of mine and they have no complaints.

Any issues to install I plan to do it my self .

How do the e

13 minutes ago, scrapen said:

I used the extensions to make things a little easier.  Not sure if they’re really needed.

Buy new clamps/paste etc.  I think I still used a supplied clamp after the y-pipe due to not enough room for band clamp.

DS goes through the top.  Disconnected steering column (put seatbelt through steering wheel just in case) and had to remove oil dipstick.  I didn’t care for their hardware and reused stock bolts.  Rear DS bolt is in a tight spot and time consuming to re-install.

How do the headers sound with your corsa cat back ?

13 minutes ago, scrapen said:

7 hours ago, Darksky said:

Racer X, are you speaking from overall experience with life? Or, do you have specific items between these products that are different?

Honestly, it's with most things in life.  I really wanna do headers on my truck since I already have an S&B CAI, tune, and Borla ATAK exhaust. I have "ASKED" a few people and everyone that I've spoke with on these trucks said about not getting the cheapo headers. Others on here have said that there are no troubles at all with them.  Which I kind of hope so because for me, $2000 for a set of headers installed, IS NOT IN MY BUDGET. When I am ready to pull the trigger, thats when Ill really look at material, thickness, welds, and fit. Until then, YES, its just what I have heard on these trucks. Im not saying that we all have to go out and buy the most expensive ones out there only because they cost the most. But USUALLY, thats the case.