Searching For A Deal On A GM Sedan? Consider A New 2018 Model

Gorehamj

volts new 2018.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
9-3-2019

The busy folks over at iSeeCars.com have uncovered an interesting fact for GM fans looking for a new midsized car; GM is sitting on a lot of NEW 2018 sedans.  According to the group's research, GMstill has a lot of 2018 sedans in stock at dealerships, and they are new - not used.

iseecars cars 2018.png

The models include the Volt, Malibu, and Cruze from Chevy, and the ATS from Cadillac. GM-Trucks.com did not re-create the iSeeCars facts, but we did search for new 2018 cars from GM in our area within a 20 minute drive and we found multiple cars in stock, including both the Cruze and Volt. These 2018 cars are overlapping new 2020 inventory already on dealer lots. We suspect they would be very happy to throw a fat stack of cash on the dash to get you to adopt one.

“Cars become discontinued because of low demand, which doesn’t necessarily mean they are low-quality vehicles,” said Phon Ly, the CEO of iSeeCars.com. “In the case of these cars, it’s because of the declining popularity of the sedan segment, which means that they could still be suitable cars for buyers who aren’t interested in SUVs or trucks.”

iseecars 2018 excess.png

Check out the full report at iSeeCars. If you are a Jeep Wrangler fan and would consider a 2018, the news is even better. 

On 9/3/2019 at 9:47 AM, Gorehamj said:

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
9-3-2019

The busy folks over at iSeeCars.com have uncovered an interesting fact for GM fans looking for a new midsized car; GM is sitting on a lot of NEW 2018 sedans.  According to the group's research, GMstill has a lot of 2018 sedans in stock at dealerships, and they are new - not used.

The models include the Volt, Malibu, and Cruze from Chevy, and the ATS from Cadillac. GM-Trucks.com did not re-create the iSeeCars facts, but we did search for new 2018 cars from GM in our area within a 20 minute drive and we found multiple cars in stock, including both the Cruze and Volt. These 2018 cars are overlapping new 2020 inventory already on dealer lots. We suspect they would be very happy to throw a fat stack of cash on the dash to get you to adopt one.

“Cars become discontinued because of low demand, which doesn’t necessarily mean they are low-quality vehicles,” said Phon Ly, the CEO of iSeeCars.com. “In the case of these cars, it’s because of the declining popularity of the sedan segment, which means that they could still be suitable cars for buyers who aren’t interested in SUVs or trucks.”

Check out the full report at iSeeCars. If you are a Jeep Wrangler fan and would consider a 2018, the news is even better. 

my grandpa bought a NEW 28 miles 2018 sonic non turbo for 15k  why would someone pay 40k for a smaller volt that gets the same mpg? with non-grid charging

plus you can get a used 2013 volt for 11k that still has warranty left(in california)  with 65k miles

Edited by bg1988

ROFL

On 9/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, SkiDooNick700 said:

GM Sales people be like...

39nto5.jpg

ROFL!!!

True story.

When I was buying my 2018 Suburban, I had heard via "The Smoking Tire" (Matt Farah) that you could get crazy good deals on tons of leftover 2017 Escalades. I forget what the discounts were, but Matt had said his dad had picked one up somewhere in the northeast for like $30-40k off. Escalades aren't really my thing, but I looked around locally, and sure enough there were TONS of 2017 Escalades leftover, even with new 2019's arriving and sitting on the lot, so I tried to see what I could get off.

One dealership had a bunch of 2017's that they were selling with 4600 miles or so that were SERVICE LOANERS, and even on those they refused to budge and go any lower than about 15% off, which was freaking ridiculous. I was like, you have NEW 2019's coming in, NEW 2018's leftover, and you want to try to sell me a technically USED 2017 for the same price as I could get on a 2018/2019 with ZERO miles? I laughed and hung up. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, S P said:

ROFL

ROFL!!!

True story.

When I was buying my 2018 Suburban, I had heard via "The Smoking Tire" (Matt Farah) that you could get crazy good deals on tons of leftover 2017 Escalades. I forget what the discounts were, but Matt had said his dad had picked one up somewhere in the northeast for like $30-40k off. Escalades aren't really my thing, but I looked around locally, and sure enough there were TONS of 2017 Escalades leftover, even with new 2019's arriving and sitting on the lot, so I tried to see what I could get off.

One dealership had a bunch of 2017's that they were selling with 4600 miles or so that were SERVICE LOANERS, and even on those they refused to budge and go any lower than about 15% off, which was freaking ridiculous. I was like, you have NEW 2019's coming in, NEW 2018's leftover, and you want to try to sell me a technically USED 2017 for the same price as I could get on a 2018/2019 with ZERO miles? I laughed and hung up. 

haha thanks for sharing - that totally proves my theory! ahahaha. ?

20 hours ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

haha thanks for sharing - that totally proves my theory! ahahaha. ?

My guess is either you have to be somebody or know somebody to get those deals, otherwise they're like piss off. If you can show up and say, "hi, I'm Matt Farah's dad of The Smoking Tire," I'm guessing that's good enough. 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/10/2019 at 7:44 AM, K2xxSteve said:

ROFL

ROFL!!!

True story.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/backrooms

thanks for the funny post.

• 1 month later...

ROFL

ROFL!!!

True story.

geometry dash subzero

Thank you very much for contributing, it really validates my hypothesis!

• 4 months later...

ROFL

ROFL!!!

True story.

When I was buying my 2018 Suburban, I had heard via "The Smoking Tire" (Matt Farah) that you could get crazy good deals on tons of leftover 2017 Escalades. I forget what the discounts were, but Matt had said his dad had picked one up somewhere in the northeast for like $30-40k off. Escalades aren't really my thing, but I looked around locally, and sure enough there were TONS of 2017 Escalades leftover house of hazards, even with new 2019's arriving and sitting on the lot, so I tried to see what I could get off.

Thanks for sharing!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...