Help asap 6.2 l and flowmaster 40 too much drone

i was reading alot of threads and everyone has a differant answers ,i decided on a flowmaster 40 and removed downstream flapper as was suggested by another member ,i get alot of drone and can hear when engine cuts down to 4cly ,if i reinstall flapper do u think it will get rid of drone ,leaving on a long trip in 2 days and want this fixed ,thanks any other suggestions

Yes, the flappers will most likely remove the drone. Resonance/drone is complicated because there is a lot of physics involved which is why some get the drone and some don't with just a muffler replacement. Without going the j-pipe route to cancel out this resonance, putting the flappers back is your only option. I went through a similar ordeal. See the thread below. 

1 hour ago, brianc636 said:

This is reason why a good engineered cat back is solid investment.

Absolutely. You lose the restrictive flapper valves and get no drone in return.

9 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I left the flapper in and eliminated the V-4 with a tune added performance muffler no drone. You can go with the range also. No need for an expensive full exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Range doesn’t disable DFM. Nothing does.

I left the flapper in and eliminated the V-4 with a tune added performance muffler no drone. You can go with the range also. No need for an expensive full exhaust.

If you did this on a T1 with the L84/L87, I would like to know how since no one can tune these engine combinations yet.

If you did this on a T1 with the L84/L87, I would like to know how since no one can tune these engine combinations yet.

He didn’t write he had a T1. He said when it drops to V-4.

Guess I just assumed we are talking DFM since it was posted in the T1/ 2019+ forum, and all 2019 6.2s have DFM.

Not meaning to insult the OP, or anyone else but a lot of people don’t really know how the new cylinder deactivation works on the new trucks so they just call it V4 when it drops cylinders. Old habits I guess...?

• Like 1

The muffler for that truck is a 3.5” inlet/outlet. At least on the GMPP exhaust.

I swapped the GMPP muffler out for a dynomax 17517 and a short section of 3.5” stainless tube for a bolt in installation.

No drone and is a nice improvement over the factory unit.