Limited availability of 2020 ProGrade Trailering System

09/08/19

Hi:

On Friday 09/06/19, I ordered a brand new 2020 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Long Box Gas Engine 4WD truck.

Two “Chat” representatives at www.GMC.com & my local GMC dealer informed me that one cannot order a 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD with:

1) SLE Convenience Package

2) MultiPro Tailgate

3) ProGrade Trailering System

The GMC “Chat” representatives and my local GMC dealer informed me that one can order #1 & #2 above together, but not with #3.

Please see attached "190905 GMC Chat transcript”.

I don’t understand why this is true.

I want to order all three (3) options listed above together.

Can you offer any assistance?

Thank you.

Kind regards

190905 GMC Chat transcript.pdf

09/08/19

Hi:

On Friday 09/06/19, I ordered a brand new 2020 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Long Box Gas Engine 4WD truck.

Two “Chat” representatives at www.GMC.com & my local GMC dealer informed me that one cannot order a 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD with:

2) MultiPro Tailgate

The GMC “Chat” representatives and my local GMC dealer informed me that one can order #1 & #2 above together, but not with #3.

Thank you.

Kind regards190905 GMC Chat transcript.pdf

It looks like it is the 360 deg camera, transparent trailer, feature.  You can't get that system with SLE.  

If you desire a trailer camera system with SLE, there is a 270 deg camera (UVI) that you can plug an inside and outside trailer cams.  I believe you will only have behind trailer view for 8 secs going down the road and it will stay up if you are below 10 mph.

13 hours ago, Say When said:

09/08/19

Hi:

2) MultiPro Tailgate

Thank you.

Kind regards

190905 GMC Chat transcript.pdf 266.19 kB · 12 downloads

Not sure why, but the fleet guide clearly states that you can not add the Pro Grade Trailering with the SLT Convenience Package:

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.21.56 AM.jpg

On 9/8/2019 at 8:45 PM, MTU Alum said:

Do you know what the prograde trailer package consists of?  Is it trailer app (U1D) or does it consist of 360 deg camera (UVS)?  I know you can't get 360 camera with SLE because SLE mirrors do not contain cameras.  

#iworkforGM 

Order guide says that optional on SLE is:

ZL6         ProGrade Trailering System, includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with Hitch View, (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App, (IOS) 8" diagonal Premium GMC Infotainment System, (UVB) HD Rear Vision Camera, (MCR) USB Ports (Instrument Panel with bench seat), (U2K) SiriusXM with 360L, (U2L) HD Radio and (QT5) EZ Lift power lock and release tailgate
1 - Not available with (PCQ) SLE Convenience Package or (ZW9) pickup bed delete. 

Next line in guide shows as standard on SLT/AT4/Denali: 

ProGrade Trailering System, includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with Hitch View and (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App

The SLE Convenience package says:

PCQ         SLE Convenience Package, includes (CJ2) dual climate control, (A2X) 10-way power driver seat including power lumbar, (KA1) heated driver and passenger seats, (KI3) heated steering wheel, (N37) manual tilt/telescoping steering column, (C49) rear-window defogger, (ATH) Keyless Open and Start, (N06) Steering column lock, (BTV) Remote Start, (UTJ) content theft alarm, (AZ3) front 40/20/40 split-bench with underseat storage on Crew Cab and Double Cab models, (USS) 2 charge-only USB ports for second row, (QT5) EZ Lift power lock and release tailgate, (UF2) cargo bed LED lighting, (KPA) rear auxiliary 12-volt power outlet, (T3U) fog lights, (U01) Roof Marker Lamps and (B1J) rear wheelhouse liners
1 - Included with (PDU) SLE Value Package. Not available with (B59) Remote Start Package. Not available with (ZW9) pickup bed delete. Note (U01) Roof Marker Lamps are not available with (YF5) California state emissions requirements. Note: (AZ3) front 40/20/40 split-bench with underseat storage on Crew Cab and Double Cab models can be upgraded to (A50) bucket seats with (D07) center console.

MTU Alum & redwngr:

Thank you for your feedback.

As I suspected, the Prograde Trailering package appears to be unavailable to lowly SLE pilots.

Kind regards.