Roll-N-Lock vs Retrax Pro MX

When I was shopping these I looked at the retrax one xr and it was in the 1399 range. The pro was more and pro xr was near 2k from what I recall so what you are looking at is comparable to the retrax one xr which is the plastic version. One thing to think about with the retractable ones is the space they take up for the cover to rollup. I ended up going with the undercover ultra as the short bed doesn't need any more space taken out of it. 

Hope this helps.

15 hours ago, AgDoctor said:

Do the roll n lock or the Retrax allow the use of the assist handle on the GMCs?

Sent via Morse code

Does  the roll-n-lock allow use of the power tailgate? I had the powder coated version on my last truck and loved it.

16 hours ago, AgDoctor said:

Do the roll n lock or the Retrax allow the use of the assist handle on the GMCs?

Sent via Morse code

Had to removed my assist handle. 

Tailgate opens and closes regardless of position of bed cover, same for bed cover, it will open or close regardless if tailgate is open or closed.

22 hours ago, KillerOfMillers said:

Had to removed my assist handle. 

Tailgate opens and closes regardless of position of bed cover, same for bed cover, it will open or close regardless if tailgate is open or closed.

So the new roll-n-lock cover only locks to the side rails I assume?

I am beginning to lean towards the Diamondback cover. I would prefer the functionality of a retractable but seemingly all of those have so many negative attributes; by that I mean that they do not engineer to allow total bed use, or there are bed sealing issues front or rear, Retrax lock deal falls off, etc... I'm surprised that the market doesn't expect more for such an expensive cover.

Sent via Morse code

• 9 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 1:40 AM, KillerOfMillers said:

I have the Roll-n-Lock, and have no complaints, was easy to install, and no drilling required unless you want to drill into the bed for the drain lines.  If you were near Houston, TX I'd make you a deal on it as now I changed my mind and want a SnugTop......

I live in Houston and am lookin for a 2019 Silverado 5.8' bed cover...torn between RollNLock and Retrax tho

17 hours ago, raging_catf1sh said:

I live in Houston and am lookin for a 2019 Silverado 5.8' bed cover...torn between RollNLock and Retrax tho

If you'd consider a Bakflip MX4 I have one i'm selling!

I just switched to the RetraxOne XR and it's really nice!