Electric cooling fan conversion

I have an 03 1500 5.3 Z71 I want to do a electric cooling fan conversion. I know I want to run a factory style fan assembly. I am trying to figure out if there is a factory retrofit kit that would pin into the pcm and into the fuse block or if I can only get a harness that I have to mount the relays and all outside the fuse box. If there isn’t a kit to do inside the fuse block what’s some of the recommended places to get a harness to be as close to factory as possible?

Go to a junkyard and find an 05 or 06, grab the fans, wiring and fuse block, take it home and install it, pin it to the PCM, etc. You will need to program the PCM to turn the fans on though, I think. 

Yea I knew I would have to pin the harness and get the pcm done I have the pcm side setup whenever I get it all done. I was just wondering if there was an aftermarket way to do it making it look as close to factory as possible or even look factory

The aftermarket versions are complete junk... if you want an under hood fire go for it.  The OEM is literally an add on for these trucks as it was an afterthought implemented in 2005.  I have converted 6 of these trucks to e fans now.  You need the forward lighting harness and just strip the e fan wires out, and the trigger harness.  Tune it and done.

The headlight and front light harness that runs all your lights lol.  Once you find that you will find the trigger wires from the pcm as you trace it back.  Just type e fans 2004 Sierra or Silverado into Google and you get more step by steps than you can handle.  

Edited by SierraHD17

Well I checked with all of the junkyards around and I had no luck. The trucks that were there were all cut up. So what other options do I have.

I saw kits on amazon I was thinking about ordering one they come with temp switch and relays ... I’m also wanting to convert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk