Light Bar Behind Grill Custom TB?

1 hour ago, PabloK said:

Rough county makes nice kit for Chevy
Very clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one I've seen from them goes on either side of the bow tie which a Custom Trail Boss does not have. I agree though, nice placement. 

• Like 1

Find anything on this after?

id like to place a curved light bar on the outside of the grill, but hide the mounting hardware behind it.

considering bending some aluminum to make it work.

id like to couple that with a set of good hinge/a-pillar mounted cubes. 

Edited by tanner709

27 minutes ago, Sjordan said:

I want it to be almost like it isn't there until you turn it on.  My friends have some hidden on their Toyotas (FJs and Tacomas) and they look great.  Not a huge fan of the obvious light bar look.

I understand, I had a similar setup on my '16. I had a spot 32" bar behind the grille.

My only grievance was that it does not utilize the bars light potential, and blocks ~30% light, or more, behind the grille.

Just something to consider. The functionality for me, is more important - i think that coupled with a nice looking bar, can be achieved. You just have to pay.

Edited by tanner709

let the market mature... I know RI is working on a fog and grill setup... 

other companies are slowly pumping out stuff as well..

as of now, there isnt a product i would use.

only potential option ive found remotly suitable is RI SR-Series.. it's about 1.2inches tall, one of the thinnest, high end bars available.  and its actually SAE compliant, so you can use on the public road.

nothing is worse than some idiot with a 50 inch light bar blasting 50,0000 lumuns down the interstate, blinding 20 drivers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PabloK said:

let the market mature... I know RI is working on a fog and grill setup... 

other companies are slowly pumping out stuff as well..

as of now, there isnt a product i would use.

only potential option ive found remotly suitable is RI SR-Series.. it's about 1.2inches tall, one of the thinnest, high end bars available.  and its actually SAE compliant, so you can use on the public road.

nothing is worse than some idiot with a 50 inch light bar blasting 50,0000 lumuns down the interstate, blinding 20 drivers.

I agree, but that's a behavioral issue, not a lightbar/product issue.

I've opted for hood-hinge mounted pods that are quoting around 8000lm/pair. Which is very comparable to that rigid bar you have posted, for about 35% of the cost. Because of the lack of products for our vehicles at the moment, I didn't want to wait on safety. It's moose season in our area and they don't do any good to a vehicle at 60+mph.

https://aps-offroad.com/collections/mounting-brackets/products/2019-chevy-silverado-1500-hood-hinge-mounts-w-aps-ultra-beam-led-light-pods-pair

I have a custom trail boss so the grill is slightly different.  Not sure if it would work quite as well, but that is what I am going for. (Not my truck, but a quick picture from google)

28 minutes ago, Sotally Tober said:

Baja designs.  Wired into high beams.

Image result for custom silverado grill

Edited by Sjordan

27 minutes ago, Sjordan said:

I have a custom trail boss so the grill is slightly different.  Not sure if it would work quite as well, but that is what I am going for. (Not my truck, but a quick picture from google)

Image result for custom silverado grill

Give them a call and ask if it will work on a custom.  Right now it's one of the only (if not the only) behind the grill solutions that wont force you to modify the active grill.  I'm happy with it and Baja Designs is a very reputable company that makes top notch products.

1 hour ago, Sotally Tober said:

Give them a call and ask if it will work on a custom.  Right now it's one of the only (if not the only) behind the grill solutions that wont force you to modify the active grill.  I'm happy with it and Baja Designs is a very reputable company that makes top notch products.

our customs don't have active shutters lol. it's just a waiting game until someone develops it for the custom