Ok so I have an 86 3/4 ton 4x4 it’s a 4 speed with granny gear I guess as everyone is calling it  flywheel clutch is new  slave cylinder new , here’s the problem .  If the trucks not running it goes into gear   Before I installed the transfer case I started the truck and put it in gear with the truck running and seem to work fine  .  I installed the transfer case and only the back driveshaft because I don’t have the front driveshaft yet  .  I started the truck today to drive it ahead   And it would not go into gear with the truck running  And  transfer case was in 2 Wheel Dr  I couldn’t could not understand why that was doing that   So just to see what would happen I put the transfer case in neutral and then tried to select a gear with the clutch and it worked   Keep in mind truck is running  .  So can I need to anyone tell me what the hell is going on and why I can’t put it in gear with the transfer case engaged into wheel drive  I did try to put it in four-wheel-drive as well and still could not put it in any gear while the truck was running  Pls help 

can you put it in gear with the TC in neutral, then shift the TC into 2wd?

As for what could be wrong, the first thing I would check is if the clutch releases when you push in the pedal, by (with the engine off and one rear wheel jacked up, and the other wheel chocked), shift into gear, shift TC into 2wd, wedge the clutch pedal down, and see if you can rotate the rear driveshaft (probably easiest to just try to spin the rear wheel that's off the ground).  It should be stiff (as you are working the gears backwards) but you should be able to do it.

So if put in gear when "off"start truck,let out clutch slowly,how far of bottom is it engaging? probably close,like that slave needs a bit more travel,I had a problem like that years ago,but that was a resurfaced flywheel,too much taken off,it needed a shim between it and crank to take up missing material

Ok so this is what I have tried I added about 1/2 to the Slave for more stroke and the same thing , it will not go into gear so I pulled that off the Slave  . Also I tried this . With the truck off I put the trans in 1 gear and the transfer case in 2 wheel drive . I put the clutch in and turned the truck over and it started to move and I stopped right away  .  Measured the stroke of the slave  And it’s moving 1 in total