In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Controller23

2020 1500 tow mirrors available

Asked at the dealership yesterday. Come as a pair for around $750. They said that officially they won’t work with 2019, but that is probably just the answer since they were never available on 2019.

If anyone braver than me wants to buy a set and do an install, that would be awesome. I’m 99% sure they’ll fit, I’m mainly worried about wiring and the power fold button all being there on my LT z71 with basic heated mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new ones power fold and power extend don’t they ? 

The new ones power fold and power extend don’t they ? 

I think only power fold.

I don't recall seeing the cameras on the tow mirrors.  I'll have to look for the pic of them 

I don't recall seeing the cameras on the tow mirrors.  I'll have to look for the pic of them 

I don’t believe they had cameras

Standard features vary depending on trim level. For WT, RST, LT and LT Trail Boss models, the vertical trailering mirror function is tagged with RPO code DPO, while the mirrors for the LTZ and High Country get RPO code DQS. Compare and contrast the features of both below:

2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Mirrors (WT, RST, LT, LT Trail Boss)

• Black mirror caps
  • Outside power-adjustable
  • Heated upper glass
  • Lower convex mirrors
  • Integrated turn signal indicators
  • Auxiliary lighting
  • Manual folding/manual extending
  • Clearance lamps

2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Mirrors (LTZ, High Country)

• Chrome mirror caps
  • Outside power-adjustable
  • Heated and auto-dimming upper glass
  • Lower convex mirrors
  • Integrated turn signal indicators
  • Auxiliary lighting
  • Power folding/manual extending
  • Puddle lamps
  • Perimeter lighting

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/08/here-are-the-optional-2020-silverado-1500-towing-mirrors/#ixzz5ztmfSqV4

3 hours ago, Controller23 said:

I don’t believe they had cameras

I was told by the dealer they would have cameras on them as the build sheet still had all of the surround view and the “trailer less view”. So I ordered the truck with the tow mirrors - if it doesn’t well I won’t be buying that truck. Should be getting mine in the next 2 weeks so I’ll let you know what I find out!

• Like 1

Thought I saw the HD models get power fold and power extend ? 

No, the new ones do have cameras available

18 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Thought I saw the HD models get power fold and power extend ? 

They do. Middle button below the direction adjust. Surprising the half ton examples don’t. 

33B0BE4A-AFF9-44D0-A4E4-1DD1370CCEB8.thumb.jpeg.00a8cbac44af3f5ec1d7f1bd8aa5239d.jpeg

16 minutes ago, FiatDale said:

No, the new ones do have cameras available

Cameras look to be mounted in the base of the mirror rather than on the mirror like the non-towing examples. Small bubble on each side of the base.

569332DF-B046-45F8-9728-E948AAB7C3DC.thumb.jpeg.ccb75e540c3b5c3d73f8ec7d94a111b6.jpeg

Theoretically there would be three different towing mirrors. Base, manual fold and extend, power fold, and power fold with cameras.

• Like 1

If you use the build a truck tool on the Chevy website for the 2020 models you can see the option to add tow mirrors to the 1500. The trail boss was $375, but you can't have the blind spot safety package with the tow mirrors. Unless you tow alot, it might be better to just get slip on CIPA tow mirrors when they come out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah, looking now, it appears as though there are only two versions of this mirror in half tons: 

“Plain Jane” manual fold, no blind spot monitor on the lower trims.

And on LTZ, selecting the tow mirrors adds 6 grand worth of packages including the surround vision and blind spot monitoring. HC would also require essentially every option to get them. Basically all or nothing in the top trims.

Some people are gonna be pissed about that I bet. Me, I don’t care for the look of these things anyway. 

I’ve looked at the pinouts, the plugs will be the same for the power fold tow mirrors as the standard power fold / power fold with camera mirrors. There is an additional plug for power extending. So it appears if you got the 2020 tow mirrors and your truck already has power fold, you’re good. If you don’t have power fold, all the other pinouts are the same so motor/ light functions should all work as well

• Like 1

Yeah, looking now, it appears as though there are only two versions of this mirror in half tons: 

“Plain Jane” manual fold, no blind spot monitor on the lower trims.

And on LTZ, selecting the tow mirrors adds 6 grand worth of packages including the surround vision and blind spot monitoring. HC would also require essentially every option to get them. Basically all or nothing in the top trims.

Some people are gonna be pissed about that I bet. Me, I don’t care for the look of these things anyway. 

I can’t justify adding tow mirrors to my 2019 unless they’re electric fold. If I can’t get electric fold without the cameras then it wont be worth it for me. I want proper tow mirrors. If I have to trade this in to get them, I’ll get a ram

Most likely, from what I see on the schematics and pinouts, you’d need a set of 2020 power fold tow mirrors, not the accessory mirrors (mucho $$), the power fold window switch and possibly a new door wiring harness for driver and passenger. All depends on what current options you have. If you have power fold now, it looks like they’ll be plug and play.