2019 Tahoe Z71 acceleration

I have read several of the post in here on later models having this problem but I wanted to specifically ask about the 2019 Tahoe. It is such a problem that I took my complaint to the dealer and GM North America less than a week after purchase and only 150 miles. 

When I push the gas, there is a delay in acceleration as well as when you’re trying to swap lanes or pass a car. It’s so bad that I’m embarrassed for anyone else to drive it and notice it. Is there an easy fix?  Do the accelerator chips work or can they harm the engine?  I’m not a mechanic so please try to explain and help me with a solution I can understand or that I can take to my mechanic and he will know what you’re talking about. In advance, thanks for your help!

Drive another one on the lot.  See if it acts the same. 

Most likely you are experiencing torque management or shift stabilization.  In which case, is how the factory tuning is with the 6 speed transmission. 

What I've noticed having driven a multitude of these trucks 2014-2019 is if you are trying to pass someone, go 1/2 to full with the gas pedal.  That will initiate a proper downshift much better.  So if you are doing 60mph and the guy in front is doing 50mph, and you get a window to pass, just push the pedal quick and keep it at that point, be it 1/2, 3/4, full.  6th gear will downshift to 4th or 3rd real quick and off you go. 

What also may solve your issue is a transmission tune, possibly an engine tune as well.  Don't waste time and $$ on a box or can tune as they are sometimes called, go custom if you do anything. 

Be aware though that tunes can be discovered by GM.  If you have a transmission issue or an engine issue, the dealer is required to check ECM calibrations for certain failures.  So if you punch a window in the block or melt a piston, or the torque converter grenades, the dealer will pull the ECM and TCM calibrations and send them to GM to be evaluated. 

What kind of vehicle did you have before the Tahoe?  

Edited by newdude