Strike/Parts

This is terrible... I had my 2019 GMC Denali 2500hd in for an accident repair since August 23rd Have use my one month insurance rental up and have been without a truck which I use to pull my boat to make a living... I have used and exhausted all remedies which include calling my insurance company to get extension, Going to the dealer and calling GMC to get something to drive with a no from each of them... They can't give me a timeline for a part to come in... Its not my fault GM is on strike and I'm being held hostage for this part... I have bought 3 trucks in 3 years and will never buy a GM again... Another note hit a concrete pole doing around 40mph broke the windshield with my head and the airbag didn't deploy... 18k in damages which includes frame damage... Anyone have any suggestions on what to do

IMG_4325.JPG

Only a person who doesn't know the circumstances would make a statement like that... You don't know what made me hit that stationary object... Maybe avoiding a person cutting me off.. The work was suppose to be done in 16 days and its now 39 with no end in sight... Waiting for a radiator bracket... Maybe I should wait a few more months... Yes it is GM's fault for not finishing the work in the time it was supposed to be done... Not my fault they are on strike... Hope it happens to you and see if your attitude would change... Head is ok thanks for the concern

• Haha 1

Well, you happen to have damaged your truck at a bad time.  It could just as easily have been that you bought a Ford or Ram truck, and they happen to be in the middle of a strike.

Sounds like you'll need to pony up for a rental to earn your living...

1 hour ago, davester said:

Well, you happen to have damaged your truck at a bad time.  It could just as easily have been that you bought a Ford or Ram truck, and they happen to be in the middle of a strike.

Sounds like you'll need to pony up for a rental to earn your living...

Im retired and on a fixed income and compensate with guiding just to keep up with my bills... Truck payment 680 per month... 2 months without use of it... over 1 k for a pickup rental... Its not an option don't get enough trips to even pay for that... wish I could... You would think somewhere in the country they would have a radiator bracket on the shelf

Edited by Thomas Korinis

17 minutes ago, tmo said:

Look on eBay or aftermarket and take it to them... or fab something up until the real thing comes in... if that’s the only part you are waiting on.

The whole front end is off that to put original GM parts for the truck.. Think the dealer has to use original GM parts for the warrantees

2 hours ago, Thomas Korinis said:

The whole front end is off that to put original GM parts for the truck.. Think the dealer has to use original GM parts for the warrantees

Than you are waiting for more than a radiator bracket, maybe the core support...

• Like 1

Im retired and on a fixed income and compensate with guiding just to keep up with my bills... Truck payment 680 per month... 2 months without use of it... over 1 k for a pickup rental... Its not an option don't get enough trips to even pay for that... wish I could... You would think somewhere in the country they would have a radiator bracket on the shelf

Dude i hatebto say this but you can find one yourself and just give it to them... Plenty around local i suppose. The big corp is a rip...

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk