Brake Recall

Hi all. Shortly after i bought my 2019 Silverado 2500HD i noticed that when i am stopped at a light the truck tries to creep forward if i'm not paying attention. It doesn't surge or idle high, it just seems like it loses pressure after a short period of time. When it happens i just give it a little more pedal and it stops. I took it to my service dealer back in April and they said the tech noticed what i was talking about but they did all of the GM required tests and it passed. About a month ago i hear of the recall involving 2014-2018 1500s, 2500s, and 3500s. So again i called my dealer and i asked if my truck is included, since it appears to be the same as any 2015-2018. They said no because GM made a change for 2019. I don't believe this. Why would GM change anything on this truck, knowing they were going to come out with a completely new truck in 2020? That doesn't seem to make financial sense to me. Anyone else have this issue and talk to their dealer about it? 

1 hour ago, MY164X4 said:

I had my 16 Sierra brake recall done last week took 1 hour, it was a software update.

Truck rides the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have a 1500?

I know that some of the media reports say that the 2500/3500 trucks are included but we don't have a vacuum brake booster in the K2 generation HDs (not sure about the 2020s). The problem is specific to the vacuum system losing efficiency as it ages and shouldn't affect hydroboost systems.

I don't have any open recalls when I check on NHTSA's website.

9 hours ago, 91 Shortbed Chevy said:

Hi all. Shortly after i bought my 2019 Silverado 2500HD i noticed that when i am stopped at a light the truck tries to creep forward if i'm not paying attention. It doesn't surge or idle high, it just seems like it loses pressure after a short period of time. When it happens i just give it a little more pedal and it stops. I took it to my service dealer back in April and they said the tech noticed what i was talking about but they did all of the GM required tests and it passed. About a month ago i hear of the recall involving 2014-2018 1500s, 2500s, and 3500s. So again i called my dealer and i asked if my truck is included, since it appears to be the same as any 2015-2018. They said no because GM made a change for 2019. I don't believe this. Why would GM change anything on this truck, knowing they were going to come out with a completely new truck in 2020? That doesn't seem to make financial sense to me. Anyone else have this issue and talk to their dealer about it? 

Check for recalls through safecar.gov

I didn't have any open recalls when I checked my VIN.

11 hours ago, 91 Shortbed Chevy said:

The recall for brake assist is 1500 ONLY.  Does not affect 2500/3500.  Dealer is correct, but could have worded it a bit better to you. 

The HD trucks use Hydroboost brake assist.  The power steering pump supplies hydraulic pressure to the brake booster assembly to provide brake pedal assist.  The pedals in these do feel different than a 1500 pedal.  Almost like a really slight cushion feel in the pedal. 

Edited by newdude

12 hours ago, newdude said:

The recall for brake assist is 1500 ONLY.  Does not affect 2500/3500.  Dealer is correct, but could have worded it a bit better to you. 

The HD trucks use Hydroboost brake assist.  The power steering pump supplies hydraulic pressure to the brake booster assembly to provide brake pedal assist.  The pedals in these do feel different than a 1500 pedal.  Almost like a really slight cushion feel in the pedal. 

Oh, i thought the 2500 and 3500 were included because my local media said they were included too. Not the first time they have been wrong i guess. This is my first 2500 so maybe i am just not used to the different feel of the brakes. That is the only issue i have noticed with my truck and i love driving it. I don't think i would go back to a 1500.

13 hours ago, cire0309 said:

Check for recalls through safecar.gov

I didn't have any open recalls when I checked my VIN.

That was a good idea. I couldn't get safecar.gov to open for some reason but i went to NHTSA.GOV and was able to look my vin up and there are no recalls. Thanks for all the help guys.