Bad ground destroyed my transmission?

Possible a bad ground will destroy the seals on my rebuilt transmission?  There was pitting and scrapes on the shaft,  to dumb down the lingo I dont understand, the pump seal blew away from the torque converter

I do believe I have a ground problem and I will begin hunting that down...may also be why I trip p0101?   

wish I took some pictures at the shop, but he thinks electricity somehow arced into the tranny and caused massive heat or other failure.   

only had 20k on my rebuilt 4l60e and it was built with high quality aftermarket parts

Only way to get enough voltage/amperage to blow the seals out is have it be struck by lightening, or just MAYBE have the main positive wire that goes to the starter get connected to and stay directly connected to the transmission.

13 minutes ago, riverbanks said:

Right,and that's still not possible,cable end would fail,and rereading,pitting,poor quality material

IF said cable was bolted to transmission, something would give..... I would guess smoke followed quickly by fire.

Im baffled how this happened.  They said the pump seal or whatever is "staked" in place and needs a tremendous amount of energy to push it forward.    My only educated guess is the remanufactures torque converter failed.

The funny thing is I googled electric arcing and there is at least one thread on a diff site and diff vehicle that hypothesized the same concern.

I have no reason to doubt the mechanics there, they have a good reputation.

Much more likely the seal was installed incorrectly.  The seal is rubber, so it'll look totally burnt up if there were electrical arcing happening there. Everything in the area is grounded.  The housing for the transmission is bolted to the engine, which has a direct connection to ground, and all the spinning bits in the transmission are in bushings and/or bearings, with a very thin layer of transmission fluid between the surfaces.  If there was any electrical voltage present, it's going to arc between any of the bearings/bushings, and have nothing to do with a 1/4"+ gap with some rubber in the middle.

I would think it's much more likely the seal wasn't installed correctly, and it just took some time to fail.  Most likely, your transmission guy is just trying to get out of having to fix it for free because of his screwup.

The transmission has dedicated grounds out the 20-pin connector, so it's not likely there was ever a ground issue, though it is plausible to have grounding through random parts if any of those were bad. See the attached video:

It's not the same issue, but it's similar in nature. That said, I agree with davester above that the seal was either installed correctly, or that the pump bushing wasn't loctite'ed in place and staked properly, causing it walk out over time. Also, a bad TC is a possibility of causing excess runout or vibration that could blow the seal out too.