Wheel hub size

So I'm trying to order a custom pair of wheel spacers - 6mm/ 0.25" 78.1mm hub centric to 78.1mm wheel centric. The vendors argument is that 6mm is too thin and recommends 10mm, I spoke to another OP here that ordered a set from the same vendor I'm using with the same spec except that his new wheel bore size is 106. My only issue is that I think the 10mm will make it stick farther in front to notice that the front wheels poke more. Vendor says he can make them at 6mm but if it doesnt fit then I wouldn't be able to return and there pricey for a pair delivered at $100. Does anyone know how far the T1 factory hub sticks out to confirm this ?

Edited by 808 HI

Pulled the trigger and went with 10mm and instead of just placing them on the front, I was afraid that it might noticeably stick out farther than the rear so I ordered 4. My new concern is, I want to do this right and replace the wheel studs with longer ones to compensate the spacers but I found no details on extended lug nuts for these trucks. Vendor claims that running 10mm is fine on the factory studs and is long enough to handle. This is supposedly common issue with T1 owners and is his solution to fitting aftermarket wheels other than running adapters. Has anyone ran 10mm with no issues and does anyone know were I can get extended wheel studs ?

Edited by 808 HI

2 hours ago, mafd2 said:

First off, what is it you are trying to do and why are you wanting spacers? What wheel are you running and what's the bore of the wheel?

I got a set of factory reproduction 24s and the shop who installed them used a 6mm non hub centric spacer to clear the calipers. I plan to swap it with hub and wheel centric spacers. Bore size is 78.1. 

• 2 years later...

Dorman is one of the largest lug suppliers to auto manufacturers.  They have all sorts of info, but you gotta have access to their catalog.  It's been over a decade since I've looked this info up on GM trucks since I installed spacers on my 2007 Tahoe.  There is a possibility that a longer lug may not be available, especially this early in the game.