Silverado Actual Length/Width

Hey All - We are looking at a new house with a 2 car attached garage and a separate 3rd car garage. We have 3 vehicles, and My worry is being able to fit my truck in the 3rd car garage w/ measurements of 11'8W x 20'8L

I've searched all over for legitimate measurements on my truck, but all I can seem to find is length w/o bumper, and width w/o mirrors. I honestly don't understand why they would base the length and width on this, but I'm not Chevrolet. It looks like the measurements on some sites that don't specify "without bumper" or "without mirrors" still match the ones that do specify them.....

Anyway - Does anyone have, or know where to find ACTUAL measurements on their truck as it sits?

Specs -

2016 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box (5'8)

2.5" level, 33s, factory 1500 mirrors (not tow)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Travis1024

I have the same truck, 2016 crew cab short box but it's lowered and has stock mirrors as well.

From the license plate frame in the front to the rear bumper is roughly 19 feet exactly, give or take an inch. The garage at the house is 21 feet 8 inches long so we have plently of room if I get pretty close to the wall.

You should have plenty of room for length and the width is more than enough at over 11 feet wide. I would do the dummy proof stop stuff like either a string from the ceiling or you can buy those floor bump stop things so that you can slowly run up on it and feel when to stop.

• 2 weeks later...

That is exactly what I needed! I greatly appreciate the information!

I'm a firm believer in backing in almost everywhere I go, so the backup camera will help a ton getting into a garage as well. Right now, my garage is only 19', so getting this thing to actually fit in a garage will be a new thing for me lol.....

On 10/21/2019 at 7:21 AM, Travis1024 said:

Hey All - We are looking at a new house with a 2 car attached garage and a separate 3rd car garage. We have 3 vehicles, and My worry is being able to fit my truck in the 3rd car garage w/ measurements of 11'8W x 20'8L

I've searched all over for legitimate measurements on my truck, but all I can seem to find is length w/o bumper, and width w/o mirrors. I honestly don't understand why they would base the length and width on this, but I'm not Chevrolet. It looks like the measurements on some sites that don't specify "without bumper" or "without mirrors" still match the ones that do specify them.....

Anyway - Does anyone have, or know where to find ACTUAL measurements on their truck as it sits?

Specs -

2016 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box (5'8)

2.5" level, 33s, factory 1500 mirrors (not tow)

Thanks in advance!

If you want to be exact, find a "straight edge" and run it parallel with your front license plate to the ground, make a mark, then do the same with rear bumper, and both mirrors.

Pull your truck away and measure the distance between the marks, it will give a pretty close "police outline" of your truck, then you can transpose it to your garage floor to see exactly how it will fit.

Backing into the garage is a pain in the ass lol. If I park in it, I have to pull in at an angle and cut the wheel back to the right some so I'm straight, then back out in reverse order. Too much work to reverse up the driveway and squeeze it in.

Edited by CamGTP

Good idea with the straight edge.

Or, you could get a piece of string and tie a nut or screw to it. Hang it from those places mentioned above and make your marks. The string will essentially be a plumb bob and get you very close.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

Good idea with the straight edge.

Or, you could get a piece of string and tie a nut or screw to it. Hang it from those places mentioned above and make your marks. The string will essentially be a plumb bob and get you very close.

Plumb Bob is a good idea too, he is usually pretty accurate.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...