Quick air dam question

People that remove it want a offroad and lifted look also saves it if you really off road it. But it was added for a reason and even us lowered guys benefit maybe more so. With aerodynamics. I also believe it keeps a little more debris out of the engine bay.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bentarm13 said:

Is there a reason people remove the front air dam? Does it help in any way or is purely cosmetic?

It is actually two pieces, upper and the lower portion.

Both are there for aerodynamics, plenty of threads on here about removing either one, or both.

Is there a reason people remove the front air dam? Does it help in any way or is purely cosmetic?

I remove this because I win more heigh and I install a skid plate SDHQ I love this look and I considered is the difference os MPG is minimal

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I removed mine for about a month 

yeah it gave me that higher appearance but it also looked “unfinished” without it 

so I cut it in half with a dremel - and bolted back on

much better imo 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bentarm13 said:

I removed mine for cosmetic reasons and also because we own property with some steep terraces that are know to knock air dams off or break them.

I have a 15 Silverado with a 2" level and a Ranch Hand brush guard on it, I have not seen any difference in my mileage since I took it off several months ago. This photo is before I put my Ridge Grapplers on but it the best pic I have of the front.

Truck.thumb.jpg.7f8723e94ade40308136775a90a1d20f.jpg

Edited by gcm0001
  • Like 1