swing case toolbox SUCKS!

guys, if your thinking about getting one of these for your truck, don't waste your money!

what a freaking huge disappointment!

so here goes..

after the information came out about the new redesigned wider truck bed that GM engineered, i thought one of those swing cases that fits snug up against the bed side would look right at home tucker under the bed rail.

how nice would it be to have a nice little storage box back there to keep my hitch parts extra ball's wire harness adapters all right there in easy reach of the business end of the truck where you need it all whenever your ready to hook something up?

so i get the box, and right away i can see that installing this bracket is going to cover up the 120 volt outlet, the right side bed light and 3 tie down hooks! WTF!

and as i hold this tool case about 4 inches farther forward i see that had they just re-designed the bracket a little, mounted it forward it would fit perfectly over the wheel well and obstructs NOTHING!

it would hide perfectly up under the bed rail. in fact only about 2 inches of it would stick out past the edge of the bed rail.

all they did was make a new bracket to mount like all the other boxes, they modified the latch bracket so it sticks off the inside bed wall  about 3 inches wasting all that valuable space!

I am so damn mad right now!

Monday morning i am calling their headquarters and tell them exactly what i think of their crap designed lazy ass mount that they came up with just so they could sell more boxes, rather than engineer a bracket that mounts it how it should be.

what is the point of a hideaway tool box that was clearly designed to fit in that little nook behind the wheel and alongside the bed when you design it to stick out 3 inches from the bedside and like like an eye sore?

EPIC FAIL!

don't buy this box!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

i had them in my '18, I liked them.
Looked at the box for the 2020, no way I would buy them.

I had both left and right boxes attached in my bed, they’re 100% plastic and not at all worth what they’re sold for but they’re a good idea, just net very secure. I had them cause I got rid of my rear tool box so I could use a rolling bed cover, boxes couldn’t hold much but were useful for oil cans, tools, tow straps etc etc

They rattled a lot on bumpy roads

Sent from Above

I had ball mounts and other heavy items I kept in them.

Even loaded heavy, they never cracked or broke.

Never heard any noise from them, I keep a tri-fold cover on my trucks.

As i stated before, great on old truck, not so much for the 2020

• 4 weeks later...

What did they say when you called them. I had 2 of these on my 2015, and one of their tonneau covers. I was very happy with both. I agree they are all plastic but that makes them light weight so you can take them in and out easier. I beat the crap out of mine, I used them to store draw bars, reducing sleeves, hitch pins, locks, wd40, wasp spray for the storage unit, bungees, grease gun, impact with sockets for changing tires, bottle jack, ratchet straps, etc... they were immensely useful for me as someone who tows, boats, camps, hunts, etc.... I traded the truck in with 94k miles and while they weren't exactly clean they functioned perfectly, and I definitely wasn't easy on them. It's a shame to hear they didn't spend more time updating the brackets for the new truck. This kind of laziness seems to be more and more common these days. Companies are more concerned with universality of parts to save money than to have a part that functions perfectly for each application.

On 11/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, jpgcrna said:

What did they say when you called them. I had 2 of these on my 2015, and one of their tonneau covers. I was very happy with both. I agree they are all plastic but that makes them light weight so you can take them in and out easier. I beat the crap out of mine, I used them to store draw bars, reducing sleeves, hitch pins, locks, wd40, wasp spray for the storage unit, bungees, grease gun, impact with sockets for changing tires, bottle jack, ratchet straps, etc... they were immensely useful for me as someone who tows, boats, camps, hunts, etc.... I traded the truck in with 94k miles and while they weren't exactly clean they functioned perfectly, and I definitely wasn't easy on them. It's a shame to hear they didn't spend more time updating the brackets for the new truck. This kind of laziness seems to be more and more common these days. Companies are more concerned with universality of parts to save money than to have a part that functions perfectly for each application.

they sent me through their refund process which has several steps that you must follow exactly. i got my money back, but really wish i could have used it for exactly what you use yours for.

i want to install the sub woofer under the seat, but that's going to create a storage issue again.

i did speak with the manufacturer and told them exactly what i thought of the whole experience. they said they would look into the issue, but i doubt they will do anything about it.