A/C light in screen above climate control on when first start up

When I start truck up and turn on fan control, the small 4 inch screen above the climate controls shows A/C mode is on and the A/C light is lite on the A/C button.   When I stopped the truck the day prior, I was using heat with temp all the way over on the red and floor button pushed.

Then I press A/C button and the A/C goes off and I get heat, 4 inch screen shows A/C mode off after that when I adjust fan speed.  If I stop to go in store and come out, it stays on heat, seems only after setting overnight it goes back to A/C mode described above.  Maybe it is some timer, but after overnight it goes to A/C, but doesn't after short stops.

The temp outside is around 33 degrees, temp in garage where stored is about 60 degrees if that would have anything to do with it??? 

I have read the manual and no help in section 8.   There are some comfort settings, but when I go there all there is a chimes volume setting.

I do not have dual control, but basic heat and A/C. 

Edited by Diverjer

Just to make sure I am not crazy, I took pictures.  When I shut it off at night and throughout the day AC off (I have to press AC switch to get it off, but it does stay off until next day):

20191029_125344.thumb.jpg.012dd8ab0253854c393c5a5b82945880.jpg

After sitting overnight goes back to AC on:

20191030_094022.thumb.jpg.64fe964a56ee817a8bb769703471e98b.jpg

Edited by Diverjer

My ‘16 has done the same thing since I bought it new. I assume it’s a software bug that the dealer would just tell me they “Cannot recreate the issue” so I’ve just learned to live with it. I rarely turn the fan off though. 

Maybe I will leave that AC switch on and see how it or if it heats up.  I got the feeling the damn computer is trying to do something for me and I don't like that!   Tired of computers doing what I know how to do or trying to think for me!   I was hoping a work truck would have less of this crap!  Should have saved my old 3/4 ton 71 Chevrolet. 

Some wonder why I dislike computer stuff so much when I spent almost 40 years as a system software developer.  I try to explain it just that reason of spending 40 years developing software is why I don't trust computers.   They are just a machine programmed by a person and cannot reason or adjust to circumstance as well as a brain.   We are going to have a generation of folks that can't think for themselves.   

There's a post somewhere on this forum that basically says, let it be. The AC light is pretty much always on in these trucks but that doesn't mean that the AC is actually operating. I would always turn my off daily when I first purchased the truck and now it doesn't bother me anymore.

I think that's the one....

Thanks, for now I am doing like you did, turn off the AC.   But may get tired of thet or start forgetting all about it.

Years ago I had a bad heat sensor on a car and the electric radiator fans wouldn't come on and car was overheating,.  I was around 400 miles from home.  So I turned on AC even though I wasn't that hot.  Reason is that the AC forced the fans on radiator to come on, whenever AC on the cooling fans were energized.    I wonder if that is the case now days with this truck as the AC light is on.  I would assume it has the programming not to force cooling radiator fans on like the old days?  Easy to check out which I will do. 

• Like 1