Junky motor mounts don't last

on my personal vehicle I have replaced all the engine mounts the left one keeps breaking have already replaced it five times I have customers that I have replaced their mounts Chevrolet mounts are so garbage I will not purchase them I will let the customer go buy them so I do not have to warranty a garbage product

On 11/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, Joe Mcclendon said:

on my personal vehicle I have replaced all the engine mounts the left one keeps breaking have already replaced it five times I have customers that I have replaced their mounts Chevrolet mounts are so garbage I will not purchase them I will let the customer go buy them so I do not have to warranty a garbage product

Drag racing and leaving the line under boost will do that to them Joe!  Either your frame is tweaked or you need a chain to keep the engine from lifting while running up full power.  We used to run a chain with turnbuckle on our Buicks from the alternator bracket to the frame/control arm back in the day.  Alternatively, next time around, use the Hummer H2 mounts as they are solid.  Mine are original at 150K and do occasionally drag race.

My truck is a family truck a 2007 Chevrolet avalanche 4 wheel drive we use it for long trips the last one broke when I was sitting on a hill on main Street and went to take off from a red light with not much gas giving it all Chevrolet has a problem with these liquid-filled mounts don't insult me saying that I've been drag racing I have customers that have broken Minnie mouse I refuse to buy motor mounts and put on a new GM Tahoe Chevrolet avalanche Chevrolet pickup their pieces of garbage

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Joe Mcclendon said:

My truck is a family truck a 2007 Chevrolet avalanche 4 wheel drive we use it for long trips the last one broke when I was sitting on a hill on main Street and went to take off from a red light with not much gas giving it all Chevrolet has a problem with these liquid-filled mounts don't insult me saying that I've been drag racing I have customers that have broken Minnie mouse I refuse to buy motor mounts and put on a new GM Tahoe Chevrolet avalanche Chevrolet pickup their pieces of garbage

While I understand your frustation, why not look for an alternative part.

Buying the same part makes no sense.

My 2 cents.

:)

• Like 2

Guess if this is a common issue I will need to keep an eye out on my 08 with 160k miles on the factory mount. Has to go out any day if your story is true about many people having the issue.

I'll just order the mounts below and have them on a shelf waiting to be installed.

07-13 replacement motor mounts

07-13 Silverado motor mounts option 2

1542395244_Screenshot_20191110-2022292.png.0d476c0b6cece49a68583b9e55e46dac.png

Edited by Mikebtte