Rear bounce with aftermarket wheels.

I recently installed new aftermarket wheels. They are lighter than the factory but I'm not sure how much exactly. Since then the rear of the truck bounces to the point where it almost vibrates. It is only on certain sections of the one road i take to work so it seems like it's not a wheel/tire issue. I have xl rated tires and bilstein rear shocks. I had a roadmaster active suspension on but that made it worse.

Any one else have this with aftermarket wheels?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sames tires as before with new wheels or new tires and new wheels?

Some tires will change the ride quality and you say XL (I assume extra load) are they still Passenger Truck tires or LT Truck tires that are heavier duty?

• 1 month later...

It looks like several things have contributed to my issue. The new wheels are about 6 lbs lighter than the factory ones although the same size. I don't recall the bouncing/shaking until they were installed. The tires were taken off the stock wheels so that didn't change.

I had the wheels balance checked again and everything was fine. I replaced the bilsteins with factory shocks and it made a huge difference. I also dialed back my roadmaster active suspension and it helped a little more.

The road I travel to work is now 95% bounce/shake free now. I Only feel it in 2 sections where the road is really wavy.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk