Battery load tests aren't always the be all end all. I'd start with swapping out the battery as everyone else stated. When I worked in the A/M we used to test batteries as "good" all the time that indeed were not. It got to the point where you just swap the battery out for the customer because you know it's junk. Even now that I work at a dealer, depending on the way the questions are answered on the battery tester depend on the test result you get. 

Also, great that GM is on board... but I'd take it to a different dealer at this point. Yours probably won't be happy that GM is involved, and not saying they would, but you don't want them messing with your truck.

Thanks for the info.  The battery checked out big time even with my load tester, no where near a marginal battery would be.  And yup- - - it is another dealer.  I wouldn't take my lawn mower to the GMC dealer that initially did the so called work.  I was a master mechanic way back when there weren't sensors and stuff in cars or trucks.  Then I had brain fade and got into law enforcement.  So then for the next 32 years, all I worried about was a clean and oiled weapon.  Built hot-rods for sanity sake!  

This morning, the system went down just sitting at an intersection!!   But now, just thinking, my C-5 had some gremlins that I couldn't track down, even with a multi-meter!  Hung a new Optima in it and now its fine?  Hmmm- - - - maybe- - - maybe!

• Haha 1

Well I just bought a new battery for this thing.  Lesson learned taking the old one out.  Got some new band aids on the right hand!  

So now we will take it for a short ride tomorrow and see if the thing goes wacko.  In pursuit of finding ways to perhaps correct things, I just happened to notice in settings that i could reset the vehicle to its default settings?  Hmmm- - - OK we did that and now we have a thing on the dash that says I'm an idiot  - -- - - big red letters    " CA "    So I assume that means that I need to re --calibrate this thing at a dealer?  If so, why did they put that thing so the consumer can reset things?  I suppose its a good thing I don't get to go into space?   Whats this button for?  OOPS!!  

20 hours ago, Chicken Heart said:

Well I just bought a new battery for this thing.  Lesson learned taking the old one out.  Got some new band aids on the right hand!  

So now we will take it for a short ride tomorrow and see if the thing goes wacko.  In pursuit of finding ways to perhaps correct things, I just happened to notice in settings that i could reset the vehicle to its default settings?  Hmmm- - - OK we did that and now we have a thing on the dash that says I'm an idiot  - -- - - big red letters    " CA "    So I assume that means that I need to re --calibrate this thing at a dealer?  If so, why did they put that thing so the consumer can reset things?  I suppose its a good thing I don't get to go into space?   Whats this button for?  OOPS!!  

That is for your compass. It will recalibrate the next time you drive. No more parking lot circles on these trucks.