Braking issues

Deus13

Not sure if this has been addressed on here or not. I was backing up and my brake pedal felt like it lost power braking and the antilock  brakes sounding like they were engaged. Pulled forward and the same thing. I had my trucked serviced last week for a loss of power issue where they replaced the battery fuse box and noticed the service write up had a Reprogrammed Brake control module recall done to it. Anyone have this issue?

• Like 1

Sounds like your vacuum pump failed. It's on an extended warranty program. Have it serviced asap so it doesn't do more damage. I replaced mine the week I bought my truck, because the dealer wouldn't fix it for me. Then a month later the extended warranty and recall came out. The recall is just to reprogram the ebcm to help out with power assist under certain circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just took my to the dealer for this today. Happened about 3-4 days after I took it in for the brake reprogramming recall. They told me they have been seeing a trend of this happening after the recall is fixed. He looked under my hood and told me I had the old (factory 2016) vacuum and they were going to order a new one and it is covered. I guess gm extended the warranty for this to 150k or something. Hope this helps out any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed the dealership here and they said brake booster was what’s causing that. Is that the same as vacuum pump? They won’t get the booster in till next week which is making me drive a vehicle around that could fail to brake lol

The vacuum pump supplies the vacuum for the booster. If they think it's the booster then they're not real smart. The pump is the most common failure for these trucks. Most likely the salesman did a poor job translating what the tech told him.

11 hours ago, durandetto said:

The vacuum pump supplies the vacuum for the booster. If they think it's the booster then they're not real smart. The pump is the most common failure for these trucks. Most likely the salesman did a poor job translating what the tech told him.

You are correct. It’s the pump and belt. The service writer told me the wrong thing but the right parts are ordered. Thanks for clarifying everything

• Like 1