Significant insignificant changes

Thomcat

All depends upon individual outlook whether T1s provide and significant advantages over the former K2s. Not going to find any significant changes which affect ability to get from point A to B, handling, or riding in comfort. But here a few insignificant changes which in summation can make a difference

Upscale model availability of high output CREE LED reflector headlamps, 4 on low, 6 on high beam

Upscale model DFM V8 engine, 8 speed tranny

Upscale model LED directional and tail lighting

Larger redesigned "D" handles both driver and passenger side for entering vehicle.

Larger surface dual tube with flat treadle angled inward for easier entry/exit and surface drainage.

Wrap around white taillight lens with halogen bulb for better lighting for backing up, reverse view HD wide angle camera coverage, and perimeter lighting coverage.

Wider and deeper foothold cutouts in the rear bumper for easy access to the open tailgate and bed.

Controls now logically grouped and more easily visible according to function audio/lighting/HVAC/accessories.

Lighted door handles

Increased legroom in DC and Crew cabs

Easier access, no spill neck engine oil filler

Infotainment 3 over MyLink interface

Choice of multiple grille combinations

Rear spoiler which angles bed lighting downward....particularly important if equipped with a sportsbar blocking direct rear lighting

More effective bed lighting moved from under rail to rear panel forward

Redesigned braking system to prevent prior vacuum starvation problems

Been driving Chevys for over 50 years and back then in my wildest dreams could not have believed some day that a vehicle designed for basic transportation would have evolved to the level of sophistication and ease of what I am putting my a$$ in today. Thought my '65/'67 SS Impalas and '69 RS Camaro were hot $hit in my dating years but neither could hold a candle to the comfort, ease, safety and technology of any modern Chevy should I have had it then. No more AM tube radios, fly window air conditioning, 3 on the tree manuals with their non-synchro 1st, jamming shift and clutch rods,  no more carburetors with fluky chokes, oil bath air cleaners, no power steering, single master non power brakes, painted metal steering wheels, dashes and doors, blind as a bat sealed beam headlamps, bias belted tires, 4 wheel drum brakes, single lever manual bench seats where the passenger had to either get out of the car or hump forward to help move it, no seat belts and non locking fold over front seats on 2 doors, 15 mpg highway on a good day......all so you could sit in traffic and choke on the fumes. Now you don't need any more manual dexterity or motor coordination to drive a vehicle than it takes to put on you shoes (loafers).

So here I am today driving a state of the art vehicle being impressed by the above nonsense related to creature comforts. So what's my big complaints?.....Roof makes a popping noise in the Sun, hard 1-2 shift on first cold overnight shift? I think back to the 2 speed Powerglides where every 1-2 shift was a hard shift and you wouldn't hear a cannonball dropping on the roof over the drone of the loud exhaust noise. My teenage self in my first '53 Bel Air would comment upon my aging bones in a '19 RST with just one word: "PU$$Y".

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

All depends upon individual outlook whether T1s provide and significant advantages over the former K2s. Not going to find any significant changes which affect ability to get from point A to B, handling, or riding in comfort. But here a few insignificant changes which in summation can make a difference

Upscale model availability of high output CREE LED reflector headlamps, 4 on low, 6 on high beam
Upscale model DFM V8 engine, 8 speed tranny
Upscale model LED directional and tail lighting
Larger redesigned "D" handles both driver and passenger side for entering vehicle.
Larger surface dual tube with flat treadle angled inward for easier entry/exit and surface drainage.
Wrap around white taillight lens with halogen bulb for better lighting for backing up, reverse view HD wide angle camera coverage, and perimeter lighting coverage.
Wider and deeper foothold cutouts in the rear bumper for easy access to the open tailgate and bed.
Controls now logically grouped and more easily visible according to function audio/lighting/HVAC/accessories.
Lighted door handles
Increased legroom in DC and Crew cabs
Easier access, no spill neck engine oil filler
Infotainment 3 over MyLink interface
Choice of multiple grille combinations
Rear spoiler which angles bed lighting downward....particularly important if equipped with a sportsbar blocking direct rear lighting
More effective bed lighting moved from under rail to rear panel forward
Redesigned braking system to prevent prior vacuum starvation problems

Been driving Chevys for over 50 years and back then in my wildest dreams could not have believed some day that a vehicle designed for basic transportation would have evolved to the level of sophistication and ease of what I am putting my a$$ in today. Thought my '65/'67 SS Impalas and '69 RS Camaro were hot $hit in my dating years but neither could hold a candle to the comfort, ease, safety and technology of any modern Chevy should I have had it then. No more AM tube radios, fly window air conditioning, 3 on the tree manuals with their non-synchro 1st, jamming shift and clutch rods,  no more carburetors with fluky chokes, oil bath air cleaners, no power steering, single master non power brakes, painted metal steering wheels, dashes and doors, blind as a bat sealed beam headlamps, bias belted tires, 4 wheel drum brakes, single lever manual bench seats where the passenger had to either get out of the car or hump forward to help move it, no seat belts and non locking fold over front seats on 2 doors, 15 mpg highway on a good day......all so you could sit in traffic and choke on the fumes. Now you don't need any more manual dexterity or motor coordination to drive a vehicle than it takes to put on you shoes (loafers).

So here I am today driving a state of the art vehicle being impressed by the above nonsense related to creature comforts. So what's my big complaints?.....Roof makes a popping noise in the Sun, hard 1-2 shift on first cold overnight shift? I think back to the 2 speed Powerglides where every 1-2 shift was a hard shift and you wouldn't hear a cannonball dropping on the roof over the drone of the loud exhaust noise. My teenage self in my first '53 Bel Air would comment upon my aging bones in a '19 RST with just one word: "PU$$Y".

My last old collector car was a restored original 65 Elcamino. It was a thing of beauty. All the goodies of the day even AC. Drove like a school bus. I only drove it early Sunday mornings when there was no one on the road. Some of the factory hot rods back then couldn’t out run my slowest car I own today. My striped Camry has more features and comfort than our Cadillac Eldorado did when I was a teenager. Every power glide Chevy I owned in the day had a distinctive sound, every small block ticked. Noises that would light up the threads here, if there was a net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

The car I learned to drive with was a 1953 Ford Crestline 239 Flathead three in the tree. I'd trade my current Silverado for it in a heartbeat if I could time capsule a fresh, right off the assembly line, unit. Don't get me wrong, I love my Silverado but....

There is not a single piece of that car that I personally can not rebuild in my driveway with a small chest of tools. Old girl got 25 mpg too. Door didn't sound like a tin can being kicked down the road when shut. The paint was lacquer. The leather trim was leather. The wood was wood. The chrome was triple plate. The stainless lasted forever. Seats and carpet were better than what was in the house and large enough to use as beds. Seat six with room to spare. Not a large car either.  Didn't take up two parking spaces or take a ladder to get into. Could hit a deer (and did) and not total it. Even got hit by a train and lived on after a drive way repair and paint job to keep right on going. 60 horsepower was more than enough. Rock solid in the rain or snow and I don't remember the brakes or tires ever giving me pause or concern. Not even in the mountains. Loved that tube push button AM radio and vacuum wipers. Endless source of entertainment. Lights were plenty bright and never blinded anyone. And boy did that lacquer paint shine. An idiot can paint lacquers. I've seen cars of that period sit rocker deep in pig pens a decade and not rust through. LOL that 's a fender you can patch forever. 

I spent my evenings after dinner shaking hands with it. Tuning and lubing. Enjoying the experience. I had a relationship with that car one could call a trusted friend. 

Not much that could happen on the road I couldn't fix with a book of safety matches and a finger nail file and a small box of spanners. Parts store was as close as the wrecking yard. Fuel and electrical system are so simple even a Cave Man can do it.

Pretty much that same drive line powered Pop's 50 pickup that hauled anything, anywhere, anytime. Used Uncle Bob's 36 C cab flatbed if you hand a need to move a house. That one lasted a million miles on oils you can't even buy anymore.

And seriously, is there a car prettier than a 56 Crown Vicky? Not even Enzo can captured anything remotely close.  

And that last line I bold highlighted? That is not a good thing sir. A person with that level of skill shouldn't have a drivers license. Or loafers. Love my penny loafers. Did back then too. 

:rant:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everything you listed are great upgrades for this truck.  For me the 6.2L 10 speed combination and electric assist brakes are were the biggest deciding factors to get me out of my 2015 K2XX and into the new T1XX.  This truck drives nicer than many performance and luxury cars.  I love all of the electronics but I am old school, I like the sound of a V8 and gas engine and they are not going anywhere for a long time.  They are getting more efficient and creating more power then we could do with  a performance built engine in the 70's and 80's that were not really practical for daily driving.  The exterior styling took a while to grow on my but now I love it.