Your '19/'20 Acadia impressions

We often "discuss" going to a one vehicle couple.  I'm a pickup fan and her comfort is in small, "practical" cars.  The Acadia appears to be a respectable compromise and she will probably be fine with it if the price is right.   The problem with compromises is that sometimes nobody turns out happy!  I want to be proactive as we just sold our travel trailer and my arguments for keeping the truck are weaker than ever!   I'm confident that there are members here who have downsized to a mid-sized SUV and hoping you have some insights to share.

I just read that the Traverse is basically the same as the Acadia but roomier.  I am also seeing the Hyundai Palisade as a possibility.  It has more of a traditional "Suburban" type style that I like.  Downsizing homes and vehicles is something many of us are fortunate enough to face.  I rank the prospect of going to a single, smaller vehicle right alongside a prostate exam.  I don't look forward to either, but know I'll be better off in the long-term!   I know many members have already downsized their stables and would appreciate hearing opinions.

On 12/1/2019 at 7:15 AM, bagger97 said:

We have the same issue. 2015 Silverado and 2017 Acadia. Both have needed  warranty work and if we had only one vehicle, we would be stuck renting at our expense. Keeping two vehicles.

Yes, it is very seldom that we both need to drive separately at the same time.   However when these occasions occur, they are significant.   Admittedly, I also like having a vehicle I can call my "own".  After 40+ years of marriage I know everything is "ours"  but  using the terms his and hers appropriately helps to keep a relationship healthy!  

• 1 month later...

Hey fellow BC guy...

Mostly on your note of this going to a small practical vehicle... the Acadia is not a small vehicle IMO. Perhaps a bit smaller compared to a pickup (never owned one, rarely driven) or a minivan (owned 3, either the wife or winter vehicles). But definitely not small regardless.

That said I came from a Z06 / minivan (late fall to early spring) combo, and am very happy with the Acadia. My wife drives a Rogue, which I would actually consider a small vehicle, one that you would likely not want as your sole vehicle (nor would I).

Let us know what you decide on.

• 4 weeks later...

We have both a 2017 Denali Acadia (my daily) and a 2018 Enclave Avenir (wife) (same size as Traverse).   Also have 2 full size trucks etc. I would say if you are downsizing from a full size truck, I would lean towards the traverse/enclave over the Acadia/XT6. I do like the Acadia and only got it because I knew we were going to upgrade my wife from her old Enclave to the new one so I did not want 2 of the same vehicles.  They get about the same gas mileage but the increased size for the 3rd row and the trunk has us using the Enclave more when we do family things, even if we are only using 4 seats. the trunk on the acadia/XT6 with the 3rd row up is pretty small.  

If looking at Traverse, also consider the Enclave, yes a little more expensive, but comes with a longer warranty and better resale (also we think it has nicer finishes).  We actually got a better deal on her enclave than my Acadia so it was only about 1-2k price difference (found a local dealership that actually had better prices than the previous one outside of St. Louis that I had purchased the last 4 vehicles from).

On 1/15/2020 at 11:44 AM, grantv said:

Hey fellow BC guy...

Mostly on your note of this going to a small practical vehicle... the Acadia is not a small vehicle IMO. Perhaps a bit smaller compared to a pickup (never owned one, rarely driven) or a minivan (owned 3, either the wife or winter vehicles). But definitely not small regardless.

That said I came from a Z06 / minivan (late fall to early spring) combo, and am very happy with the Acadia. My wife drives a Rogue, which I would actually consider a small vehicle, one that you would likely not want as your sole vehicle (nor would I).

Let us know what you decide on.

Hi Grant, I have a question for you about your Acaida.  Please check your message box. 

Thanks,

Steve