GM Performance Exhaust Install Options

I've done a lot of research and have sold myself into buying the GM performance exhaust for my 2019 Chevy HC 5.3.

I can buy it right now from the official Chevy Accessory store for $1321(with the 20% discount) and then get it delivered to the dealership and installed for an additional $75.

Alternatively, I can buy from ShopChevyParts.com for $1170 and shipped to me (dealership not available to ship to) for an additional $65.  When I called the dealership to ask about installation labor costs, they told me 2 hours at $112 per hour.  Does that seem right?

Am I smarter to buy from official Chevy Accessory and pay more up front but utilize the pre-sold $75 installation?

Would I void my warranty by having someone other than the dealer install?

2 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

I've done a lot of research and have sold myself into buying the GM performance exhaust for my 2019 Chevy HC 5.3.

I can buy it right now from the official Chevy Accessory store for $1321(with the 20% discount) and then get it delivered to the dealership and installed for an additional $75.

Alternatively, I can buy from ShopChevyParts.com for $1170 and shipped to me (dealership not available to ship to) for an additional $65.  When I called the dealership to ask about installation labor costs, they told me 2 hours at $112 per hour.  Does that seem right?

Am I smarter to buy from official Chevy Accessory and pay more up front but utilize the pre-sold $75 installation?

Would I void my warranty by having someone other than the dealer install?

I was told 2 hours install for a flowmaster American thunder with the quad tips, you won't lose any warranty over a cat-back exhaust btw.  The GM performance exhaust is very quiet, unless that's the sound you want (Mild) I'm waiting for my exhaust to come in, I paid $1000 for it.  Do you like the factory tips? Magnaflow has a nice kit that would be pretty similar to the GM loudness wise and it comes with quad 4" tips as well. 

55 minutes ago, 1-BMF said:

I have the GMC performance exhaust on my 19 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 6.2 and I love it. 

However I'm curious to know who makes it for GMC ?

Borla.  The GM "performance exhaust" is the same as their touring cat back exhaust.... I'll save you the decision time, and endless YouTube research... Get the Borla S-type catback exhaust... You'll be happy you did. ?

• Like 1

So I decided to buy from the official Chevrolet Accessories store with the 20% off discount.  Upon checking out I got a notification that the order had been sent to my dealer for them to place the order.  Seemed strange.  This included the $75 install option, so hopefully they honor that and not try to charge me more for labor.  I have a feeling that I'm going to have to fight them on it.  After tax and install - $1494

I already had an appointment for this Friday to fix the seat belt tensioner and then check out a weird shimmy and noise in my driver side window (when rolling down), so I'm going to see if I can talk them into installing (given its received by then) at the same time.  If not, I'll have to push to next week and see if I can get it all done same day.

I'll keep you up to date.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Swiftks said:

Borla.  The GM "performance exhaust" is the same as their touring cat back exhaust.... I'll save you the decision time, and endless YouTube research... Get the Borla S-type catback exhaust... You'll be happy you did. ?

Just an FYI - You are correct, Borla makes some of the GM performance exhausts for split exhaust models. However the GM performance exhausts for all side exit models are made by Corsa. There is also two split models made by Corsa. If you look on the accessories website, the only ones made by Borla are marked "Upgrade System By Borla." All the rest are Corsa.

Edited by SamDSJR
Wrote incorrect info
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

So I decided to buy from the official Chevrolet Accessories store with the 20% off discount.  Upon checking out I got a notification that the order had been sent to my dealer for them to place the order.  Seemed strange.  This included the $75 install option, so hopefully they honor that and not try to charge me more for labor.  I have a feeling that I'm going to have to fight them on it.  After tax and install - $1494

I already had an appointment for this Friday to fix the seat belt tensioner and then check out a weird shimmy and noise in my driver side window (when rolling down), so I'm going to see if I can talk them into installing (given its received by then) at the same time.  If not, I'll have to push to next week and see if I can get it all done same day.

I'll keep you up to date.

Bought on Saturday.  Was delivered to my dealer yesterday for install!  Going to be able to roll all of it together this Friday.

Super fast delivery.

Got the installation done this past Friday.  I'm very very happy with the sound and overall it feels like a little more zip.  I didn't notice any drone noises on the highway.

I'm now contemplating the GM cold air intake.  Can anyone tell me what I should expect adding this when I already have the performance exhaust?

On 12/7/2019 at 11:15 PM, JAshworth03 said:

Got the installation done this past Friday.  I'm very very happy with the sound and overall it feels like a little more zip.  I didn't notice any drone noises on the highway.

I'm now contemplating the GM cold air intake.  Can anyone tell me what I should expect adding this when I already have the performance exhaust?

I can't answer your question but I had some questions about the GM Performance exhaust you purchased.  Did you buy the single or dual set up?  What size is the main pipe around the muffler?  3 inches?