2019 Silverado1500 LD 5.3 custom intake tube.

I had some 3.5” tubing left over from some side work I’ve done so I made a tube between the tb and MAF housing. I will be getting an AEM dryflow drop in filter next but here’s the tube so far. I need to weld on some fittings to attach the crank case vents from the valve covers. Obviously I still need hose couplers and clamps on the intake tube but here’s the start.

I’ve been contemplating making a large catch can mounted outside the heat affect zone of the engine bay if you will. This way the oil vapors can condense into the catch can even in the summer months. I’ve also been thinking of routing the vacuum pump line to the catch can to help pull a vacuum on the crank case hopefully to reduce some pumping resistance in the engine and gain some power throughout the rpm range. I would use a y-block fitting to route back to the brake booster so everything still functions as it should. 5facbc4f168e3af7e37a0ba59938cee1.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great work. Keep in mind you may need to tune for the turbulance change in the intake. The stock intakes that have the baffles and extra length piping are tuned pretty accurately. I had an 08 tahoe that I made a custom intake for. It made my 4l60 shift weird and at weird times. As soon as I tuned the maf curve, it made a world of difference. I also noticed that my fuel trims were on the lean side before i tuned as well.

Just a thought

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

That's great work. Keep in mind you may need to tune for the turbulance change in the intake. The stock intakes that have the baffles and extra length piping are tuned pretty accurately. I had an 08 tahoe that I made a custom intake for. It made my 4l60 shift weird and at weird times. As soon as I tuned the maf curve, it made a world of difference. I also noticed that my fuel trims were on the lean side before i tuned as well.

Just a thought

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

There are no baffles in the stock intake. There are helmholtz resonators in the stock tube for sound control and the cc vents. This tube should help with some v8 sound and improve airflow velocity for improved torque under the curve and hopefully a little improvement in gas mileage. The tube will get powder coated a wrinkle black finish.

5 hours ago, emaxxer86 said:

I had some 3.5” tubing left over from some side work I’ve done so I made a tube between the tb and MAF housing. I will be getting an AEM dryflow drop in filter next but here’s the tube so far. I need to weld on some fittings to attach the crank case vents from the valve covers. Obviously I still need hose couplers and clamps on the intake tube but here’s the start.

I’ve been contemplating making a large catch can mounted outside the heat affect zone of the engine bay if you will. This way the oil vapors can condense into the catch can even in the summer months. I’ve also been thinking of routing the vacuum pump line to the catch can to help pull a vacuum on the crank case hopefully to reduce some pumping resistance in the engine and gain some power throughout the rpm range. I would use a y-block fitting to route back to the brake booster so everything still functions as it should. 5facbc4f168e3af7e37a0ba59938cee1.plist

Nice job, looks just as good if not better than aftermarket.

What year of truck do you have?

Yea, saw that after the fact (not a very good reader today), meant to ask what trim level, and what are you going to do for the exhaust. 

LD which is the same as LT but with a standard package 5.3, 6 speed auto, tow package, and hitch receiver. 4wd with standard IFS and no torsion bars.

Just now, emaxxer86 said:

LD which is the same as LT but with a standard package 5.3, 6 speed auto, tow package, and hitch receiver. 4wd with standard IFS and no torsion bars.

Good choice (14 - 18 body style), just not a big fan of the T1's just yet.

Congratulations on your truck, looks like you are going to enjoy it!

• Like 1

Borrowed some couplers and clamps until I get mine in the mail so here’s a pic of it installed with the hoses temporarily stuck onto the valve cover vents I need to cut the plastic hose off the factory snap fittings so I can put the new rubber hose onto them for a cleaner and better look. I think I will wrap the tube with foam insulating tape so the aluminum doesn’t heat soak as badly and perform more like the composite tubes on the market.

dd844226c8f65d149ab631f213549bae.jpg